Week Day get aways

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fire5man

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am looking for some week day get away diving in the FL/ Islands maybe Mexico.

I dont want to break that bank, and that could be easy to do.

I am looking for some good diving to take my wife on. Looking for something fun with dives less then 60-75ft to make her happy. Also not looking for sharks around every turn.

We would fly out of BWI in Baltimore. we both work the weekends so a mon-thur trip is best.

All inclusive, or not. Fun enjoyable diving.

Any ideas?

I recommend Cozumel. The Palace is all-inclusive and right in town. Great diving and great resort.

You should definitely try the Florida keys out as you can find good priced flights into Miami and it is only aprox. 1.5 hour drive down to Key Largo from there. We have some great reef and wreck diving here with the reef dives averaging under 40 ft. so that you can get 60 min. dives.
Lots of fish, beautiful corals in warm clear waters and though we do have some sharks to see here they will not be circling around waiting to devour your wife.
Check out our stay and dive packages on our website that start at around $225.00 PP + tax in a studio Apt. or we can offer dive only packages when doing 3 days of diving for $65.00 pp for 2 dives with tanks and weights @ Home

As the others mentioned.... for such a short visit, your best bet is trying to get a direct flight to Cozumel or south Florida. Keys always has shallow easy diving, Cozumel has a bit more gorgeous underwater sites.
Scuba Club Cozumel Dive Resort (check their website, always some good specials. Also check the website Island Dreams Travel for Cozumel deals)

for south florida, fly into Miami or Ft. Lauderdale and rent a car, drive down to Key Largo. Lots of dive ops to choose from there.

robin

Southwest has cheap flights to Fort Lauderdale.

This puts you within a two hour drive of some great diving. Jupiter to the North, Key Largo to the South or Fort Lauderdale, 15 minutes from the airport.

There's a motel 6, a dive shop and beach diving if you want to go cheap at Dania Beach 10 minutes away. Lauderdale by the sea has some of the best beach diving in the country, 30 minutes to the north. Lots of different types of diving to explore.

Just to plan out when you do get a weekend off, your best value would be take a cruise ship out of Baltimore to Bermuda.

Most cruises start on Saturday (sorry about that) but you have no air fares, and cabins start @ ~$500 pp. Arrange diving with any dive company you want. Food & lodging is on the ship. Get a bus & ferry pass. I am more than envious of your opportunity.

Back
Top Bottom