Weekend on the Spectre - trip report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Frank, awesome info! I thought it was some kind of anemone, didn't realize it was coral. Thanks!

Rex...yeah, I know. I feel the same way. The last three boat trips I've been on ended up in those areas of Anacapa, and, well, there just ain't much there. I do love diving Anacapa when we can get to the good sites - the East end, Arch Rock or the front side of the East end in the marine preserve. West end and back side just has nothing but rocks covered with urchins. But the last three times I've been to Anacapa by dive boat, the conditions didn't permit diving in the good spots. So I'm with you: I'm just going to stay away from Anacapa altogether.

Selchie & Lynne - thanks for the nice comments! I have a lot to learn about photography, but I'm plugging away. :) Funny, I was never interested in photography on land...but I know when I'm underwater that I'm seeing things that the vast majority of my friends & family will never see, at least not in their native state, so I love to bring back these memories and share with them.

Very nice photos LeeAnne. Great job on the macro shots. Thanks for sharing them.

Beautiful photos, Lee and the Spectre - yep, my very favorite boat and crew - no one does it better. So glad you had a wonderful time and sorry I missed you! I had dove on a Friday the week before (was that it), and it was a nudibrach bloom. They were everywhere!

Back
Top Bottom