Weight Change with new Steel tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

you are overthinking it.... do it the easy way -- put all your weight in the integrated pockets, do a beach dive with a buddy, and do a weight check at 500 psi :)

you are overthinking it.... do it the easy way -- put all your weight in the integrated pockets, do a beach dive with a buddy, and do a weight check at 500 psi :)

Yep - probably but overthinking is fun sometimes - and instructional - although you would be surprised how often I have done the calc's then tested it with a proper weight check and things don't match.

So it doesn't matter how much you overthink it, you will still only get a ball park figure and a real world weight check with a near empty cylinder will beat the guestimate every time.

Dive safely - Phil

I think most people are thinking of the Faber FX series when going to steel. I did it and in south florida dropped 6lbs of my weight. I think you are going to be correct with dropping 2 pounds.

I like to think of it more as moving weight from one place to another.

Drop 2#. A lot of divers may loose more weight because they do a weight check and also find out they were overweighted as well. Never a bad idea to do a new weight once in a while in any event.

If you were diving old steel 72's it's about the same.

Bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom