Weight Harness: DUI vs SeaSoft vs Best Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use the DUI weight harness and love it. Much more comfortable than a regular weight belt. I have used it with no integrated jacket style bcs and also with an integrated back inflate and have had no problems. I will hopefully get to try it out with my new bp/w this weekend.

Hi, this is Bruce Justinen, with SEASOFT SCUBA, just wanted to answer a couple of questions. The SEASOFT Weight Harness release system is a sealed release. This means that sand or other debris cannot foul up the release mechanism. A spring is sealed inside a fiberglass/nylon casement, when you pull the release handle in a downward motion, this spring pulls the side release buckle edges away from the catch. And your weights are released. The pockets will comfortably hold 15 lbs. each and additional non-ditchable Trim Pockets will hold up to 5 lbs. each.

Also, every part of the SEASOFT Weight Harness is adjustable, if you are tall, short, big, small, everything is adjustable and the weight pockets can be moved forward and backward for the perfect placement.

I hope this information is helpful.

Hi, this is Bruce Justinen, with SEASOFT SCUBA, just wanted to answer a couple of questions. The SEASOFT Weight Harness release system is a sealed release. This means that sand or other debris cannot foul up the release mechanism. A spring is sealed inside a fiberglass/nylon casement, when you pull the release handle in a downward motion, this spring pulls the side release buckle edges away from the catch. And your weights are released. The pockets will comfortably hold 15 lbs. each and additional non-ditchable Trim Pockets will hold up to 5 lbs. each.

Also, every part of the SEASOFT Weight Harness is adjustable, if you are tall, short, big, small, everything is adjustable and the weight pockets can be moved forward and backward for the perfect placement.

Bruce - thanks for the input. Can you use ANY weights in the Seasoft harness?

I own both DUI and SeaSoft.

I only use one ... SeaSoft

jcf

Hi, Bruce! I met you in person at Whidbey Island Dive Center a few weeks back. My wife was trying on her new semi-dry suit. I can't help but wonder how that would have turned out if you had had one of yours in her size on hand...

Anyway, I'm looking real hard at your weight harness. I got fingerprints all over the one hanging in Anacortes Diving and Supply yesterday. We'll be diving this weekend at Keystone with the folks from Gone Diving in Bellingham, and I think Charlynn may be bringing her Best Divers weight harness, so at least I'll be able to see what one looks like. Just between you and me, I'd much rather go with the local guy than the Italian model. At any rate, I'll have plenty of time to decide, because we still have to pay off her suit, plus get her regs and BC before I can seriously consider a weight harness.

The SEASOFT Weight Harness release system is a sealed release. <snip> I hope this information is helpful.

Hi Bruce

Just a thought; that kind of detailed information - along with lots of detailed photos - would be great to have on your website.

Henrik

I got the Apeks integrated weights and really do like them so far. I have dove integrated weights with Aqualung's Pro QD i3 and think they are great.

I hope to be diving my harness in the weeks to come, I also added the Deepsea knife and the steel back plate.

I didn't like the way the backplate sat without the bolts so off I went to pick up three bolts from diverite and attached them. Wow what a perfect fit, I'm really impressed...

I'll take some pics and share...

MG

Hi, Bruce here from SEASOFT. Yes, you can use any weights in the SEAWOLF Weight Harness, however, hard weights are just a lot tougher on any product. We recommend soft weights, you pay a lot of money for any product in the dive industry and soft weights are just going to make it last longer. That's my take on it. Thank you for the opportunity to give feedback, I appreciate it. To many of you, thank you for your kind words, we work very hard to give you a great product and we value your feedback.

Back
Top Bottom