Weight pocket

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

minamin13

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I own a Dive Rite Transpac BCD. I like using it, particularly the light weight and easy packability of this BCD. Unfortunately, on my recent trip to Hawaii I encountered a problem: The weight pocket fell out of the integrated weight pouch 2 times. I own something that looks similar to the QB pocket, I'm not sure the exact product part number (my gear is stored away). Fortunately the latch feature stayed intact, otherwise I would have completely lost my weight. I was wearing 4 lbs in that pocket the first time it happened, and then 7 lbs the second time it happened. Is there something I can do to prevent this? My husband has a version of this pocket with a velcro attachment between the weight and the weight pouch. That seems to help keep the weight in place.

I have had the same problem with my transpac weight pockets , with the inner pouch, holding four pounds hard weight, just falling out. The inner pouch just fell out of the pocket, when I swam upside down (which I do a lot, diving). If not for the clip/release, I would have lost my weight. As it is, I had a very inconvenient "dangly" of a weight pouch hanging on by a clip....

Note: These weight pockets were formerly called QLR Weight Pockets. The name has been changed to QB Weight Pockets as of Aug 20, 2010.

http://www.diverite.com/products/catalog/pockets/ac3216

This seems a design defect, and yet the system is being actively sold without any explanation.... Any suggestions?

I have had the same problem with my transpac weight pockets , with the inner pouch, holding four pounds hard weight, just falling out. The inner pouch just fell out of the pocket, when I swam upside down (which I do a lot, diving). If not for the clip/release, I would have lost my weight. As it is, I had a very inconvenient "dangly" of a weight pouch hanging on by a clip....

Note: These weight pockets were formerly called QLR Weight Pockets. The name has been changed to QB Weight Pockets as of Aug 20, 2010.

SCUBA Diving Equipment for Technical, Sidemount, Rebreather, Wreck and Cave Diving: Dive Rite, Inc - Product Catalog - 16LB QB Weight Pocket

This seems a design defect, and yet the system is being actively sold without any explanation.... Any suggestions?

Both hubby and I dive trans pacs, his weight pouches kept falling out, mine never have. Changed the weight set up from horizontal to vertical orientation on the cummerbund and the problem has stopped.

I have a transplate with the pockets - I think I will orient them to the vertical position - that way they are horizontal when I dive instead of down, not sure if that is an option on the transpac......

I will post pics, when I make the change.....

M

I have heard this a bit I would suggest going strait to DiveRite and seeing what they have to say.

I bought a transpac a little over a year ago and had the same problem. It seems when the weight pockets were made, the length of the nylon webbing between the
clip and the pocket itself is a bit long. I had my LDS contact diverite and they were aware of the problem and provided new pockets and I havent had a problem since.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom