Weighting Rules of Thumb

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The 10% and 7mm suit + 4lbs, would be close for me right now at 180lbs ... (14lbs + 2lbs neg when empty, steel tank ... or +5lbs for a Al80 works out to about 21lbs)

putting some of her weight in a weight belt well fix the floaty feet problem I bet and do all you can to get rid of the ankle weights, they are on a part of your body the you have move, stop, changes direction, repeat

and a note on putting the tank lower to help get your feet down, that will work when the tank is full, but it will actually start pulling your feet up when it becomes positively buoyant after about mid dive (Al80) .. I had the same problem with floaty feet and did the tank way low trick (slightly pos. fins)

Ankle weights are anathema to me - people start using them, become addicted, get comfy in the water and next thing you know we have a serial reef raper on our hands -
get her off them as quick as possible - typically when people have floaty feet, in addition to the other issues regarding trim that have been mentioned, they need stronger ab muscles and hip flexors as well as spatial awareness so they can determine when the feel are starting to float and stop it BEFORE they float

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom