weighting with single tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DIVERDREW

what has been working well for me is my plate weight pockets I had made. I got my local dive shop owner to sew (he has a sewing machine) them up for me. Pretty simple idea. just pair of pockets that run the lenght of the spine, one on each side and sandwiched between the plate and wing. the pocket are sewn to a piece a material the shape of the plate and gromets placed so you can bolt thur the same top four holes with the MC pocket form Halcyon then two more gromets and bolt at the lower outside corners. I am currently carrying 16 pounds in these pocket of mine and none on my weight belt.

Another trick is to use the soft v-weights from dive-rite. It could be place between your back and the plate underneath the wing nuts of the single tank adaptor.

hope this helps.

Kevin Jones

Thanks for all the info guys, I am going to take the new unit out for a test dive this weekend and play with the weighting a bit, see how much I need to disperse and where and then try to decide what to get. Let u know how it goes.

Drew

Have any of u guys ever made or melted your own weights and made a weighted STA yourselves???
Doesn't look like it would be that hard to add about 6lbs of lead in this way. Just curious look forward to hearing what has been tried and what works

Thanks in advance
Drew

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom