Weights!!!!!!! Belt or bcd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:mean:

You can keep the belt, but you don't need to use it. Just add the weight into your BCD and have a good time diving.

Rich :mean:

Although I think I could put all the weight in the BC I've chosen to split it between the BC and a belt. I'm still fine tuning this but I found with all the weight in the BC it was too far forward and taking some of the weight out of the Bc and onto the belt is giving me a better profile in the water. Also lugging a BC full of lead around is not so easy. The first time I did that I stood it on the edge of the swimming pool, it fell , sunk to the bottom and I'm looking stupid on the side! This proves Uncle Pug's point.

regards

I dive with 16lbs for my 5/3 suit-it all fits in my BC pockets without stability problems. With more weight I find a weight belt to be the way to go-the weight doesn't "fall forward" like it does in the pockets.

I once decided to get bc pockets and stuffed my weights in my BC. Then I realized that if I removed my tanks underwater( you have to some times) and let go of my BC, I would look like a spy hopping whale. Now I am back to a belt. UP's suggestion of splitting the weights sounds great. Amazing how he comes up with these answers.
Lloyd

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom