Well did anyone go today???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pebble Beach, Rockport. Two dives = 62 minutes(1st) and 80 minutes(2nd). Shallow(max 20fsw) temp 56F on 1st and 59F on 2nd. Viz was sub-par, around 10-15' max, worse on 2nd. A few bugs jumped into my bag to escape the crappy viz and cold water. Stumbled upon two unknown fish guarding their caches of eggs. Never seen a fish like it before.

LobstaMan

I got out again Sunday.

For the first dive we went to the wreck of the Bellville ( http://www.wreckhunter.net/DataPages/belleville-dat.htm ) south of Newport. Spectacular conditions!!! :D We had a good 25 ft of vis and 57 degrees F! It is a really cool, easy to find site and very shallow (we spent most of the dive at 20-25ft deep). The wreck is completely broken apart so there are just steel plates and beams everywhere and huge amounts of kelp growing over everything with lots of fish.

Second dive was at Southwest Point in Jamestown. We had 5-10 ft vis there. After the first dive it was sort of anti-climactic! :D

RIOceanographer:
I got out again Sunday.

You are definitely gonna grow gills.....

.... I'm jealous, I should have gone today...I did dust off the wetsuit though. The dry suit is done after sweating my butt off yesterday.:wink:

Cedar Island Ledge, Duck Island, Nubble, and St. Ann's ni Kennebunk.

Coldest temp hit was 43, a little chilly in my 7mm.

johnnyseko:
I did dust off the wetsuit though. The dry suit is done after sweating my butt off yesterday.:wink:

The real Johnnyseko is back!!! The drysuit wearing imposter is no more! :D

ThatsSomeBadHatHarry:
I joined Chris on this one. It was a blast.

Glad you enjoyed it. And now I have more witnesses that the underwater habitat I was blabbing about really exists! :D

Oh and I ran into Charlie right before my afternoon dive and he said "Hey! I just VIPed a tank with your name on it!" You sure didn't waste any time taking that in!

RIOceanographer:
Glad you enjoyed it. And now I have more witnesses that the underwater habitat I was blabbing about really exists! :D

Oh and I ran into Charlie right before my afternoon dive and he said "Hey! I just VIPed a tank with your name on it!" You sure didn't waste any time taking that in!

haha! yeah, after all i was in the area:D Charlie and i had a very enthused, overexcited, exaggerated chat.:wink:

LobstaMan:
Pebble Beach, Rockport. Two dives = 62 minutes(1st) and 80 minutes(2nd). Shallow(max 20fsw) temp 56F on 1st and 59F on 2nd. Viz was sub-par, around 10-15' max, worse on 2nd. A few bugs jumped into my bag to escape the crappy viz and cold water. Stumbled upon two unknown fish guarding their caches of eggs. Never seen a fish like it before.

LobstaMan

Was it this fish... the lumpfish????
lumpfish-thumb207785

ThatsSomeBadHatHarry:
haha! yeah, after all i was in the area:D Charlie and i had a very enthused, overexcited, exaggerated chat.:wink:

And believe it or not, I think he has mellowed since I first met him..... :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom