"...we'll laugh at you and you'll look like a dork." - the Split

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HBDiveGirl:
..Noooooooo!
How about learning to be such a good dive partner that your buddy actually WANTS to look at you often to find out what cool thing you've found lately? How about making communication as natural and regular as breathing so you are truly a team exlporing a space? How about reconnecting visually so often that you know with 15 degrees where your buddy is at any given moment?

Keep track of your buddy and Dive To Stay Found. If you turn into a one-man-band-and-drill-team in order to get your buddy's attention... we will laugh at you and you'll look like a dork!

~~~
'Dette

Nah that is too much work. I just whip out my folding pole spear and give em a poke if I want them. If they laugh and call me a dork I just attach the spear tip give em a harder poke.

daniel f aleman:
Have only made 200 dives, all in Puget Sound, and come on this board and tell others how to dive.

Dork.

:mooner:

and has a deep rooted psychological fear of shooting a lift bag.

Just kidding :10: good luck tomorrow

hmm, big knife, matching mesh thingies, boots and valve caps (on my shiny slightly used matching AL80's), console on a retractor(garote), yolk valve and soul patch. Too much to correct, so just laugh at me. I apologize in advance for the errant shot with the speargun that pierces your poofy dry suit. (which always makes me laugh, this is So Cal, not Alaska)

ams511:
Nah that is too much work. I just whip out my folding pole spear and give em a poke if I want them. If they laugh and call me a dork I just attach the spear tip give em a harder poke.

And watched with glee as their $$$$ dry suit flooded, they turn blue and reached for the inflator button! :eyebrow:

Dave

Teamcasa:
And watched with glee as their $$$$ dry suit flooded, they turn blue and reached for the inflator button! :eyebrow:

Dave

Yeah, what are they going to do? Threaten me with their EMT shears? :D

Who is the dork now? :rofl3:

ams511:
Yeah, what are they going to do? Threaten me with their EMT shears? :D Who is the dork now? :rofl3:

Well you have to wait until a "team member" is signalled, "drill" is underway, a hose deployed, etc. The EMT shears will come later. All this of course in open water clear conditions.

Really, seriously, I will laugh if you show up to a dive with this:

Swim-Sets-SET-10-.jpg

Jesster:
hmm, big knife, matching mesh thingies, boots and valve caps (on my shiny slightly used matching AL80's), console on a retractor(garote), yolk valve and soul patch. Too much to correct, so just laugh at me. I apologize in advance for the errant shot with the speargun that pierces your poofy dry suit. (which always makes me laugh, this is So Cal, not Alaska)

There's no worry there.

---
Ken

thanks, it's nice to be loved!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom