"...we'll laugh at you and you'll look like a dork." - the Split

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Touchy Feely Diver - It is fine to be curious. It is fine to ask questions. But please don't touch my dive gear before asking. When I tell you that thing your touching is a P value, it really is as in pee. While you run off to wash your hands, we'll all laugh at you and you'll look like a dork.

Hey you, Mr. Leaking Dry Suit Guy - Now that you've invested $$$$ in a Diving Under Icebergs setup and you've realized it has more holes than a mesh gear bag, stop whining because you got wet. It's the ocean, you're supposed to get wet. Pour 5 Lbs of liquid rubber into your Michellin Man outfit so your overpriced ski-bib doesn't get soaked. When you finish the dive and have to wring out more water from your undies than it takes to fill a kiddie pool, we'll laugh at you and you'll look like a dork.

Hey you, yeah, the newly minted rescue or instructor, replete with your new drysuit, 7’ hose, 10K watt light and double 130’s. Don’t giggle to loud at the 50+ overweight diver with the well worn gear and hundreds more dives than you. Remember, he was the guy that grabbed your leg, preventing your assent – into that spinning propeller.

You never know, he might just like to dive and have fun. Well, OK its alright to giggle a little as long as its all in fun, we can have a beer together afterwards and you can take it as well!

Dave

Oh yeah - now the starters are coming off the bench.

This thread is shaping up nicely.

---
Ken

If you have 25 dives total but 6 PADI cards we'll laugh at you and take out magazine ads and produce infomercials for late night TV showing how you are a dork.

Hey Johnny Rambo with the spear gun! Don't come to my reef and shoot a big Sheephead and think you have any skill. Shooting a Sheephead is like sneaking into someones back yard to shoot their dog. If you think you're hot turd for shooting that 25lb reef puppy from 10' away, we'll all laugh at you, point you out to the other locals and you'll look like a dork!

daniel f aleman:
Mo2vation is one funny dude.

Paying extra $$ for that blue H rather than a perfectly good DSS makes you look like you got a lot money to throw away, which I would rather take from you at the SI poker game.

I think I see how this thread works.

If you think DSS is even closely comparable to Halcyon:confused: were all going to laugh and you'll look like a dork.

If you get mopped up in the surf and come crawling out on your knees:mooner: (we'll help you up) then we'll all laugh and you'll look like a dork.

If you sit around bragging about buying cheap knock-off life support equipment from E-bay :( were all going to laugh and you'll look like a dork.

If you dive doubles and can't perform a valve drill(unless it's your first few times, hell we'll probably laugh anyway) were all going to laugh and you'll look like a dork.

If your wing fails at depth and you stick up for the manufacture because he's your friend:11: were all going to laugh and you'll look like a dork.

If you keep getting soaked in your DUI(dry until immersed) suit but keep claiming it's the best thing going were all going to laugh and you'll look like a dork.

If your dressed like a tec diver wearing all the best gear and your great claim to fame is surf entry's in SoCal:shakehead you guessed it were all going to laugh and you'll look like a dork.

If you dive a long hose and keep it tucked away under a bungie were all going to laugh and you'll look like a dork.

Lets face it it's a cruel world and us SoCal divers can be among the cruelest.

Just having fun,
Milo

I have read several of the post here and have come to this conclusion--
So-Cal divers are obsessed with Dorks! Could it be dork envy?

We just call 'em like we see 'em, no envy or animosity.

Is that the best you can bring?:D

Hey noob, if you’re using a default avatar we're all going to laugh at you and you'll look like a dork.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom