http://www.diveheart.org/

Well Wishes for Kimber (TekDiveGirl)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

abaduck:
Busy blushing!!!! :winky:

Mike

Thank you so much for the generous donation Mike.

Thanks everyone.

Thought I would help some see where we are. I know not all care to read all of the way back. So for you:

Missdirected:
I am very sad to report the number I recieved of 10k was incorrect. The funds are at or about 7k. This is still very good but far from the ten we had been told.

icegirl:
Sounds like we all better dig a little deeper... the cost of a latte from each of us will make up that difference no problem!!! How many members are there on SB?
Note: 64k plus

lamont:
can someone post the paypal addy again? i can double down with another month's worth of lattes (which really i just worked out is a frikking rediculous amount that i spend on caffeine each month... jesus...)

JimLap:
Well I already sent a little something a couple weeks ago for this month but what the heck. Got a reunion to go to this weekend and weather is supposed to be crappy and can't dive. So I just sent what I would have used for dive related expenses this weekend (ie gas,snacks, etc.).Basically doubled this months contribution. When this all started I put an amt in my monthly budget for this until she does not need our assistance. So again I'm in til the end. So think about it. If we who are able do this every month it may be better than a big one time thing for certain expenses. And if a dive gets scrapped for whatever reason, send the gas money you would have used or what you would have spent for snacks or air fills even. If it were not for the fact I work for a shop and get free air I most likely would have spent around 25 bucks for air. I usually take 4-5 tanks at 5 bucks a pop for air or 10 for EAN32. Face it even if you dive next weekend you most likely would have anyway. So send the air fill money you did not use.

almitywife:
cant get Moonie kidnapped again, can we? (remember, that raised almost $600 folks!!)

What can be kidnapped/randsomed or ebayed next??

Reminder: There are still two BCD’s up for auction

howarde:
We'll kidnap whatever we need to :wink:

:11: Miss runs away here. As fast as her legs will carry her.

Hey peeps look what I found posted today by Tek herself:

TekDiveGirl:
Okay here goes, I'm trying on my new voice recognition software got this weekend and posting without Sue behind the keyboard. I've made my great strides my recovery so far. I'm still not ready to go home but they are in no hurry to kick me out.

Kimber -

Woohooo!!! Looking good, Girl!

So happy to pop back here after my few weeks away and see such happy news

Keep it up - we're all behind you!

for those who haven't seen it - check out the Kimber Watch thread!

Kimber ... Soooo good to see your posts on ScubaBoard again :D

"Dig a little deeper" ... Will do what I can ... And like others, I am in this for the long haul and have promised something every month till it's no longer needed :)

"We'll kidnap whatever we need to " ... Hmmm ... Oh Miss, Miss ...? :wink:

You keep rock'n the house Kimber! :jump:

Awesome Kimber! Keep kickin' butt!

C'mon Scubaboarders.......dig into that change jar and send in a little coffee or beer money :)

TekDiveGirl:
Hi Guys and Girls,

It’s been a few weeks since I last gave you an update directly from me. As always my wonderful friend Sue is putting all this together for me since I still can’t use both my hands for typing or moving the mouse around. Although I am beginning to use the voice recognition software for short things. Anyway, I am so grateful for everything Sue does for me every day you should never have to be in a position to have a friend like her but if you do Sue would be the model you would want.

My condition improves every day. I have been for six weeks now and I am making progress every day. That progress some days is big and other days it is small. For example up until this morning I had not been able to roll over by myself. Today I can roll over when I am in bed. Two weeks ago I was wheelchair bound, now I can, with assistance walk to the bathroom, and even to the dining room. Today I was able to put on my own shirt whereas last week I was not able to lift my right arm at all.

Each day is filled with a routine that has been designed to help me get back to living a productive life. Physical therapy works with me on how to walk, and move, and maintain balance. Occupational therapy works with me on how to care for my self, wash my face, put on clothes, brush my teeth. I even was able to bake some cookies the other day in the small “mock” apartment they have here where people learn how to care for themselves.

Sue and TJ have turned my room here into a little “Pink Condo” all my things are in different pink containers and bins with big index cards taped to them so I know where to find things and where the staff here can find things. I was getting a bit to confused before that and now it’s easier. I still have difficulty focusing on things and I have to concentrate. When I have too many visitors at one time I have to ask some to leave because I can’t keep track of all of it. This got a bit out of hand and now I have asked visitors to call first before coming in. I love visitors as it keeps me connected to my friends and the outside life but it needed to be organized as well. We have a big calendar on the wall and people schedule when they will be coming in and it helps me have something to look forward too. It also helps me plan time with my three wonderful children, my Aunt and my Mom.

You may have read in some posts from Don ( D_B) that they have let me “out of here” on occasion. There is a program here that allows certain trained people to take me across the street to the little mall there to pick up videos’ or to get my hair cut, to get pizza and ice cream. I was even able to get my nails done! (PINK) I treasure those simple things that we all take for granted, even if only for an hour or so. Last weekend the hospital arranged for a group of us here to go to the movies and we saw Pirates of the Caribbean II and my children came with me. It was just like we used to do as a family.
My challenges each day continue to test me. Sometimes I feel like the Tin Man all rusted and creaky. I can’t use my right hand for much more than gripping. The fingers don’t want to work yet so I am quickly becoming a lefty. I get afraid that when I am walking that I will lose balance and fall. I have a children’s writing book and I trace the letters with a pink marker. I get my laptop out from time to time but that just gets frustrating – I want to type but it just becomes hunt and peck. I get to read the posts and some PM’s that come in but it’s very hard for me to respond quickly.. The voice recognition software is helping me with cognitive work and is allowing me to send some notes and to get back and communicate with my friends. I still get headaches and some things are still painful but the medications help. Finally my sleep pattern has gotten better to where I can sleep for 4-5 hours at a time some nights.

Cards and flowers and gifts and things show up here every day and I can’t tell you enough how it touches me that you have all put out this tremendous effort for me. Sometimes I just cry. My head is in a good place though every once in a while I get a little blue. Most of the time I am smiling and laughing when friends and family are around and I get excited when I accomplish something new. I have learned to be patient.

Some milestones here have been climbing the stairs, being able to crawl on all fours without falling down. And most of all being able to hug my children with both arms.

The plan here is to keep working me so that when it’s time to leave I can walk out of here. A lot has to do with my progress and how much they can push my insurance company. I have weekly visits with my complete medical team and everything that is done I am included in. As you can expect I am not quiet about what I want. But these people in the stroke center here have been just fantabulous for me. I want to stay here as long as I can so that when I leave I can take care of myself and then my children who are with my Aunt now.

My case worker tells me that my benefit package from work also had long term disability coverage in it but that wont kick in until about October and we really don’t know how much is going to be there. But I am starting to take some more control of my finances and am paying some bills on line again. The fund that you all set up for me at http://www.tekdivegirl.org is already coming in very handy. I can’t thank you all enough for what a wonderful thing you have done for me. I understand that there are continuing efforts to keep filling that up. I am just so very grateful for the friends I have out there. I have to thank Tracy and Howard and Garrett for leading the efforts there it is greatly appreciated. To not have to worry about some of the things that will not be covered by insurance eases my mind to no end. Thank you.

So, that’s it for now from me. I’m tired and needs some rest. Thank you again for all your good wishes and Pink Positive thoughts for my recovery. I will get another update to you when I can.

Love Kimber

Your progress has been nothing less than phenomenal ... a testament to the wonderful care you have been given, and your great drive to succeed ...... You go Pink Girl!

*wipes tears away so i can see the screen*

i think im going to wear PINK today!!! what a beaut day... wake up, looks like winter is over as its brillant sunshine and warm and then a amazing post from Kimber!

if wishes, prays and positive thoughts were $1 each-you would be a rich woman already... BUT, with family and friends like the ones you have i think you already know you are!!

keep going Kimber! you know your goal, you can see it and pretty soon you will be reaching out to take it!

hugs

You are doing an AWESOME job Kimber! We are all so proud of you! Keep it up.

H - the IslandCowgirl

You are an inspiration to us all...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom