Wendy's Ginnie Springs Encampment and Dive Party

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You don't need an dive flag. The only reason you would need one is if you decide to dive in the river where they is possible boat traffic, but I don't think any of us will be doing that, unless you have a desire to experience what diving in a glass of iced tea is like, no vis. We'll be staying in the nice clean clear spring water.

Also you won't need snorkels on your dives unless you planon snorkeling the spring runs.

Yes the water will be a refreshing 72ºF.

Is anyone bringing a grill by chance?

Boy I hope that UPS and Leisure Pro don't let me down and my wet suit and hood get here. I checked the tracking number and it's still in NY.

I think there will be a definite shrinkage problem:D

Wildbill:cop:

I'm completely new to these scubaboard parties. I have a couple of questions, so please bear with me!

1. What time do divers have to be out of the water by? If I were to come on Saturday, I probably wouldn't be able to get there until 4pm, and so I'd like to know if it would still be worth the trip. Or is anyone sticking around long enough on Sunday to do any diving?

2. My primary dive buddy (my wife) is not free that weekend. Are people willing to buddy up on site, or is it primarily BYOBuddy?

Thanks everyone.

Good to have you aboard. From what I was told when I called the springs, check out time is dark so you can stay all day on Sun. and I at least plan on staying for one dive before packing up. As far as buddies there will be someone there willing to dive with you. You can go in groups of three if you have to. We are all there to have fun.

See Ya' there,

Wildbill:cop:

when you pay the fee to dive they
will give you an armband. this armband
is good till midnight. the only rule
they have on night dives is
that you have been in the cavern
during the day.
we have been in there at night
with a group of 20. we all got
on the cavern floor and released
our light sticks at the same time
it looked awsome, almost like
stars

wade leithead once bubbled...
when you pay the fee to dive they
will give you an armband. this armband
is good till midnight. the only rule
they have on night dives is
that you have been in the cavern
during the day.
we have been in there at night
with a group of 20. we all got
on the cavern floor and released
our light sticks at the same time
it looked awsome, almost like
stars

Yes, I was thinking of doing a galaxy dive in the ballroom on Saturday night.

One thing about night diving at Ginnie is....no lights may be carried by divers who are not cavern or cave certified in the areas around Little Devil, Devil's Eye, and Devil's Ear. This rule is also for the day time. Lights can only be used by divers in the Main Ginnie spring and Ballroom cavern area.

Wendy (camping)
8buck (camping)
NetDoc (camping) + 10 ducks
Wildbill + 2 (camping)
phree337
darkmoon3d + friends
ReefGuy + 2 (maybe)
finaddictfred + 1
newbie-in-fl
aquacatfighter (maybe) + 2
onebrightgator (maybe)
wade leithead + 1 and a boat.
aihfl
cudachaser (maybe)
divenaked
pdoege (maybe)

Anybody else?

When you're in the Cavern during the day, take a swim to the top and look in some of the air pockets, you'll be amazed at the amount of wornout glowsticks that are up there floating around, it's pretty sad actually. If you can, try to take a couple out with you and not add any of your own.

Also, if you plan on doing a night dive in the Cavern, one light is a must, two are an even better idea. Generally in the daytime the cavern is pretty well lit by the sun, but at night and without lights it can be very difficult to locate the exit, in fact, if anyone has a marker light of some sort (not a strobe) it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to bring it.

Ben

Don't need a flag for the main pool at Ginnie..not sure about any of the other parts though. And yep..its 72ish and I'll be packin my camera. Have no idea when I may get the film developed..but by gawd I 'll have some pics -:prays to Scuba Claus for a snazzy new digital camera:-
See y'all Saturday..me and Joanne will be floatin in around 9 am. I'm the long haired freak in the mini van
Fred
Remember..the bubbles always go UP !
:shark:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom