Wendy's Ginnie Springs Encampment and Dive Party

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I figured I wouold take a break from all my studying. I am seeing three screens. Pick the middle right . Between work all the time till 730 800 at night and studying I have small time to to get on my thread that was my idea lol. Thanks to wendy the dive planner lol . what was the movive with adam sandler???? anyways wish it was that time. can not wait hope everyone is doing good and is looking forward to another scuba adventure

Got a Ginnie Brochure my bud
and camping is 16.00 (extra fee to dive),
diving (non cave) 27.00, cave 20.00,
snorklers 10.00. All these are per day.
You can also rent equipment there including
some cave gear as well.

BTW Floyds doesn't have Magaritas that I know
of but they make a killer meatloaf.

wrinkles once bubbled...
Is there still time for a Cali diver to get in on this...

My concern is having a tent and supplies for camping. Coming from over here i cant take much on the plane. Any suggestions?

Ana

If you can't borrow a tent from someone else that is going you could always crash at a hotel in High Springs, FL. A couple are the Cadillac Motel and the High Springs Country Inn. I think there is one more. You could do a search on the interent for hotels nearby.

Would you be coming to Florida just to dive with us? Or are you already planning a trip here?

Wrinkles,
I have the grill, tents (I'll borrwow my friend's new one, & you can have my air matress), chairs, fans (it's hot at night down here), lanterns, extra grub :chef:, and my friend Wade and his wife are bringing thier boat, I think. If you don't like Bud Light, you better tell me what to get. Bring your dive gear, clothes, and some good CD's, and you should be set. If you want I can reserve you a spot when we get ours.

Wendy,
With's Netdoc's Ducks, I count over 30 people w/ 2 weeks left.. I checked Ginnie's site and Darkmoon's got a point. The fee is "only" $300, but the adult camp fee drops to 13 dollars per day. If we could just get about 10 more people to join, we would be assured we wouldn't be left hanging on the deposit.

Which gets me to thinking. Is there another campsite near there? With a couple more boats we could avoid the $27 daily dive fee and camp cheaper!

clark

I'm personally not going to put up the $300 deposit to reserve camping spots. Not that I don't trust everyone on the board, but, I've seen situations like that go bad,a nd I'm too poor to pay for folks that are no-call, no-shows,a nd then everyone else gets mad when they have to pay more to cover the coasts of the folks that didn't show up. If someone else wants to put up the money, then go right ahead, I will be good for my portion when I get up to Ginnie.

Hi Ya'll
Looks like I won't be making it after all. As much as I would like to, I have other commitments, work mainly, (not to mention the 5 hour drive, and the $$ involved) that precludes me from enjoying everbodys company. And the camping! Geesh, I would love to camp! Oh well. There will be a next time.

On another note. I noticed that there are quite a bit of folks from this area that are not going, so I was wondering if we should have beach dive that weekend. I am thinking Dania Beach. There is plenty of parking, even if it costs a buck an hour, picnic tables, public restrooms, and showers near the beach and the dive shop is only a mile or so away. Any thoughts? Maybe I will post as a new thread...

I was thinking about going down there so I can dive with you guys. It is the last week I have off before school starts so I was trying to squeeze one last trip in. I have never been to Florida or anywhere other than Cali. so I thought it would be fun to go even if just for the weekend.

Thank you so much divenaked. You are too kind. You will definately have a dive buddy, if i can make it down there and if you want me to be.

Ana

So what thickness of wetsuit do I need?

Well this trip is approaching quickly, just 2 more weeks to go. I'm looking forward to see you guys again and meeting some new scubaboarders that are brave enough to attend one of my trips.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom