West Beach Paddlewheeler 7-13-6 Dive Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mwhities:
The pole that you have, I wouldn't really be able to use that. With 8 fish on there, I know I wouldn't be able to at all.

I think you'd be suprised what you could do with that pole I have, remember, you don't have to use the band for flounder. You just punch down on them until you feel the spear go through into the sand.

Filleting could be difficult, maybe rig up a clamp on the end of the table to clip their tales down to keep the fish in place?

Ahhh, makes sense. I'm a noobie, forgive my ignorance. :)

I guess I need to get my license and a pole and try it out. Are there any size/weight limits?

Fillet? I'll get my mother to do it. She used to work at a Seafood restraunte. :)

Thanks,

Michael

12" minimum with no creel limit in AL. Just don't shoot more than you'd like to clean/eat.

I guess I'd need to get 12" measured out on my pole, then I can swim up to the flounder, see if it isht e riht size, then stab it!

Next time we dive, I'll bring a pole. Maybe you could show me how to fillet them? I can bring a board with a nail in it or I'll figure out a way once you show me how.

Thanks,

Michael

... and grilled, and fried :D I don't think you can wrong with flounder.

Hey Matt

At my house on Ft. Morgan we got 12 flounder in about 15 minutes last weekend. They are out there!!!! Go get em!

12 in 15 min?! Jeebus, took me 45 min to do the same.

Whats by your house that draws em in? Just a shallow sandy flat? Are you familiar with any wrecks off Fort Morgan, that are accessible by beach? Shoot me a PM if you don't want to divulge the info publicly :D

Anything fresh, you can't go wrong with. :wink: I think it'd be a great feeling (and great taste) to serve hot FRESH flounder to family. :)

Thanks SBM,

Michael

Back
Top Bottom