Western NY

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nope - the dive is along Isle View Park:

View attachment 725429
Near shore, it's slower, swim out a ways and it is the fast lane. Dives are 40 mins to over an hour. Max depth is 25 feet maybe. You just ride the current. It is up to a 3 kt (out offshore) and at that speed you don't (can't) stop. Very enjoyable, and very organized. I'd suggest maybe trying it yourself to evaluate it for your son. Lots of fish, and lots of junk. Always finding bottles and old buttons.
Hey...how thick would you recommend my wetsuit be for this dive, this time of year?
-Matt

@engine159

Matt,

According to my plant operators, our intake temp is 58.

At this time of the year, I'd be diving my 5/7 one-piece, hood and insulated gloves. With a drift, you aren't moving much, so temp impacts you greatly. By the end of summer I can dive in a 3mm shorty, no hood, and garden gloves (if a hot summer, and temps go to the mid-70's).

Mmmmmmmmmmm.............old buttons...

1654256504310.jpeg

You're making me crazy.

Funny, I know nothing about them (their age does interest me)..... just keep them in a glass on a shelf in my office... There are a few rumors/stories as to their existence, but nobody seems to know for certain. Determining their age might help with the rumors...

@engine159

Matt,

According to my plant operators, our intake temp is 58.

At this time of the year, I'd be diving my 5/7 one-piece, hood and insulated gloves. With a drift, you aren't moving much, so temp impacts you greatly. By the end of summer I can dive in a 3mm shorty, no hood, and garden gloves (if a hot summer, and temps go to the mid-70's).
Thank you!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom