Western Suburbs of Chicago

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

quietlife4me

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
After doing a resort dive 25 years ago on my honeymoon, I never went again. (I loved it, my wife hated it) About a month ago I found myself falling down a rabbit hole on the Internet and ended up wanting to scuba dive again. Did some googling and found Sea Level Diving in Crystal Lake, IL......walked in on a random Friday and Art the shop owner spent an hour with me signing me up for OW and picking out the required basics. Given it was October I would have to wait for spring to do my OW dives (I don't have warm water trips planned at the moment), so I went ahead and did the classroom and pool work the following weekend. Got lucky and had a private 2 day class with Sean the instructor (other students no-showed). Which was awesome.

Now just doing the no dive classes over winter, waiting for May 2023 to roll around.

Art is a good guy. Sea Level isn’t too far from my office so I get some fills there, depending on the diving I’ve got planned. Their pool is nice. I’m in the NW burbs myself. Most of my fills come from a shop in West Chicago.

Lots of divers in the Chicago area. I primarily dive with folks in WI (recently did full cave, just got first CCR cert).

Enjoy! There is a lot of good diving in the Midwest. The excellent diving is Great Lakes wrecks.

I’m in the NW burbs myself. Most of my fills come from a shop in West Chicago.

Which shop? I live in the St. Charles/Bartlett area a stones throw from the West Chicago line. I liked Art and his facility so much I do the 45min drive instead of the local shops that don't have their own pools.

Which shop? I live in the St. Charles/Bartlett area a stones throw from the West Chicago line. I liked Art and his facility so much I do the 45min drive instead of the local shops that don't have their own pools.

IL Institute of Diving. Art is really nice, but having to wait a week for O2 fills (rebreather diving) is a pain (someone has to come from outside to do them). IID is much more a tech shop and the owner is a rebreather diver himself. Art is good for basic air fills for me.

Welcome to ScubaBoard and Howdy from Texas, although I used to live in Park Ridge. You've got so much fun ahead of you, you don't even know it! Keep us all informed, please!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom