Wet lenses for a c5050

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just ordered this:
Inon UWL-100 Type 1 Wide Angle Conversion Lens [ino.158] - $329.00 : Reef Photo & Video!, The Underwater Photo Pros

And this hopefully will come before I leave (back ordered):
Inon Dome Lens Unit for UWL-100 [ino.165] - $389.00 : Reef Photo & Video!, The Underwater Photo Pros

Any one ever shoot a 5050 with a lens like those above?
I leave in a week. Couple of days doing Isla Mujeres whale sharks:
Welcome to Whale Shark Festival 2009| Isla Mujeres, Mexico
then down to Coz for normal diving.
Getting worried with DOF comments...

Looks Like I won't get the Dome for this trip... Seems to be some distributor problems with Inon that have been ongoing. Called a couple of places no one has one in stock. Bummer!
I'll try to post some pics with the flat UWL-100 when I get back.

VERY well summed up Nemrod.

The bayonet twist wet mount 165 Inon is "affordable" at $369 at reefphoto.

Yes the large protruding dome is sensitive to flares from my strobe as I'm finding out. Just have to keep the strobe pulled back a bit behind the camera body/housing.

Couple examples. Seattle Puget Sound filthy water. I can shoot 1/4" - 1/2" away from critters with the 165 fish eye lens (less water between lens and critter = less crap and backscatter). These starfish sucker feet, well heck my lens got attacked by the racing fast star fish and he started climbing UP my lens. Yet I still captured 6-8" of starfish arm with the lens only 1/2" away..

Ugly photo shown for my lessons learned. I've only shot with this lens for 2 dives, see my sig line for the rig, I run a 5" and 8" ULCS arm system so can get the strobe far off to the side, I just have to keep the strobe pulled back behind the camera body, and in this fish shot case, aim the strobe a bit further back behind the fish for only using the edge of the stobe flash to minimize the backscatter........but heck, you learn by doing things wet, not reading about it in a book on the couch......or surfing ScubaBoard.

Tips like this is what makes your learning curve less steep by other peoples mistakes.

cheers.

Attachments

• P7138523a.JPG
    P7138523a.JPG
    359.2 KB · Views: 49
  • P7138477b.JPG
    P7138477b.JPG
    212.9 KB · Views: 43

Back
Top Bottom