wet suit question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wear whatever you want under your wetsuit.

Sometimes a I wear a lycra dive skin, sometimes a wear Speedo Jammer shorts, sometimes I wear board shorts, sometimes nothing at all.

Once you get certified and are out diving in the wild this will make sense, but it depends sort of what your a doing during your surface interval.

For your certification class, I'd suggest a one piece suit that a swimmer will use. Most agencies require a swim test (PADI is 200m) and this should be done in a swimsuit only. No wetsuit allowed, seeing as how it my assist.

Also, there are those who pee in their wetsuits and there are those how lie about peeing in their wetsuits.

Fill out your profile with a bit more detail. It will help others answer your questions better down the road.

Good luck with you class!

in my wet suit, I wear nothing. I find that any extra material just gets tangled up down there and annoys me. Naked is the way to go! (if you own the wet suit)

Last edited:
Speaking as a dude, why bother wearing anything under your wetsuit? It's going to be thicker and conceal more of you than any swimsuit ever could and your swimsuit won't have any insulating properties. Basically, you're just adding to your laundry pile.

Maybe Florida is different, but where I live, it's usually too darn cold to remove your wetsuit between dives and it's also too much of a hassle.

My usual method of suiting up is to take off my shirt, put on an old surplus army poncho, then strip naked underneath it and get into my wetsuit. It works very well and I can change in the middle of a crowded parking lot without showing anything above my knees.

Obviously, as a woman, you might have to make some changes to the suit up method I described, but I'm sure you can find some way of suiting up without exposing yourself.

Then if you want to wear your swimsuit afterward at least it will be dry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom