Wetsuit brand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver_Gurl82

Contributor
Reaction score
What is a good inexpensive brand for a wetsuit? I need one that is 7mm because it is cold in New England!

I dove with a bargin wetsuit once....just once. The seams must have been stitched with wire as it nearly rubbed my skin raw were the seams touched. I promptly cut it up and used the material as practice pads for my drum's cymbals. A few extra bucks will get you better fit and warmth.

Cheers

JC

My last couple of semi-dry wet suits have been Scubamax 7mm suits and I highly recommend them. They are felxible, hold up well over time and are well made overall. They do a good job at keeping you warm and this time of year I am using mine on 130 ft dives with 30 minute run times with low 40 degree bottom temps and upper 50's above the thermocline and am not getting cold.

Price runs about $180-$200 at the local dive shop. You could probably get a cheaper suit but then you get what you pay for and you can't really get a quality suit for less money.

I had purchased an inexpensive Akona one-piece as a stop gap measure as I work towards a dry-suit. So far, I love it. It has zips at the wrist and ankles and have no complaints, other than my knee pad fell off. I believe the suit was $169 when I bought it 2 years ago.

Dan

DA Aquamaster:
My last couple of semi-dry wet suits have been Scubamax 7mm suits and I highly recommend them. They are felxible, hold up well over time and are well made overall. They do a good job at keeping you warm and this time of year I am using mine on 130 ft dives with 30 minute run times with low 40 degree bottom temps and upper 50's above the thermocline and am not getting cold.

Price runs about $180-$200 at the local dive shop. You could probably get a cheaper suit but then you get what you pay for and you can't really get a quality suit for less money.

I agree...for the price it is very hard to beat a Scubamax.

I'll look in to scubamax, thank you very much!

Back
Top Bottom