Wetsuit diving Nov. 17

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oddly when I have made a pair of relatively cold dives in the swing season I'm always more comfortable on the second.
Pete

That because your brain is numb at the start of the second dive, so you don't notice how cold you are.

That because your brain is numb at the start of the second dive, so you don't notice how cold you are.

Mmmm I'm not sure how to take that.:confused:

Nice site! Thanks for that!

You're welcome, that's my favorite site for marine forecast and buoy info. I also like Maine Harbors for area tide charts, other tide info and marine forecast info.

LobstaMan

The water isn't a problem, it's the surface interval that builds character. A thermos of warm water to dump down your suit and an insulated jacket (or even just a windbreaker) that you dont mind getting wet and salty goes along way.

If you're just planning on one dive it's no big deal at all. I dove wet well into the winter for two years. Dry is better, but wet beats sitting at home.

There were a bunch of people diving wet at Ft. Wetheril today. They were cold while hey were changing out of their wetsuits, but they all said they were fin while in the water. Water temp as 53degrees today. Unfortunately the air was way colder.

There were a bunch of people diving wet at Ft. Wetheril today. They were cold while hey were changing out of their wetsuits, but they all said they were fin while in the water. Water temp as 53degrees today. Unfortunately the air was way colder.

Were you there? If so how was the vis and did you see anything interesting?

Vis varied greatly depending on how close you were to the OW classes that were going on there. Probably about 10'.

I saw a very big jellyfish. IT was about a foot across the top, and very mean looking.

We actually cut the dive short because my brother was having problems with his sinuses.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom