wetsuit dryer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The one from the racing site was +/- $145.

I guess if you can afford to buy racing cars you probably don't care how much your hanger costs... :)

R..

One note one electric motors and Ozone.
12v (like the Hangaire) motors usually have brushes. This creates Ozone and as such, will deteriorate your wetsuit. Induction motors create very little to no ozone and would be preferred.

I also live in SoCal where the weather does a pretty good job of drying my stuff.

Caveats:
I have no idea if Hangaire uses brushless 12v induction motors (very expensive) or 12v DC (brushes) motors but I'd look at that before I dried my wetsuit on one. I also may be overstating the destructiveness created by continued exposure to a small amount of Ozone.

The one from the racing site was +/- $145.

I guess if you can afford to buy racing cars you probably don't care how much your hanger costs... :)

R..

DENG talk about markup.

And then they say scuba is expensive.:rofl3:

Principly, I believe they would work very well. The fact that the hanger itself is shaped to hold the suit open rather than flat is enough to help dry the suit, so my vote on principle is that the unit will work good.

Practically, however, I am not sure that it would be worth it for occasional diving, especially travelling. If you lived in a beach diving area and dove twice a day every weekend or so and had a routine going in your garage, then I would get one for quick drying between dives, or to pack the suit quickly in a dive bag while you eat lunch. Otherwise, my suits dry fast enough hanging off a tree in the sun.

If you are driving to a dive site and want to dry your suit to pack it before you leave the site(and avoid the all too familiar stench), it might be a good idea, come to think of it.

Ive been drying my wetsuit by simply hanging it on a hanger in my bathroom. My suit, BC, boots, gloves and everything else that got wet.
For what it's worth, recently I've been putting some Damprid in the room & found my stuff dries out close to what seems to be twice as quickly as it did without the damprid and now no sign of mildew which I was getting before. The stuff is cheap, easy to get and works great.
200.jpg

Forget the 12v concept. This would be handy if it could efficiently work on batteries.

I would purchase one for my next Caribbean live aboard!

One of my grips about the live aboard was putting on that cool and clammy wetsuit every morning. Some gripe, right? It would have been nice to have had a dry wet suit each morning. The dive operator had fans blowing of the wetsuits, but with the humidity, the inside never dried out. In fact it never felt like it even dried.

I would purchase one for my next Caribbean live aboard!

One of my grips about the live aboard was putting on that cool and clammy wetsuit every morning. Some gripe, right? It would have been nice to have had a dry wet suit each morning. The dive operator had fans blowing of the wetsuits, but with the humidity, the inside never dried out. In fact it never felt like it even dried.
Pack two wetsuits, as I do. I use 3mm suits in the tropics; they are fairly light and make good padding for my strobes, etc.

sorry to not write for so long have been a way, but i had a chance to do some more research on that hang-dry product and talk to the owner. They seem to be on the level, so we will see.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom