Full Body Rash Guard?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RGDiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Curious if anyone out there uses a full body rash guard. Occasionally in the past I have seen some divers wearing them but it’s rare to see them. I usually only dive warm waters in the summer, primarily the Caribbean and hate wetsuits for all the usual reasons. Usually I just dive in swim trunks with a rash guard shirt. A year ago I witnessed a diver that was stung very badly by a man-o-war jelly on his arms and legs as he was not wearing a wetsuit. Curious for those that hate wetsuits if a full body rash guard is worth it and if so which ones to look at.

slim-goodbody-v0-6nqjzn2emep81.jpg

The ultimate full body rashguard.

I use a rash guard because it helps me to stuff myself into a wetsuit and also for the extra protection against stinging things.

I have one that I got when I first started diving. I prefer two pieces instead, and regardless of the water temp I am covered from my neck down to my toes. Never know when some jelly is going to be looking for someone to zing. :wink:

I used to dive with these as well, and would rotate between a Scubapro Steamer (my fav), a Cressi Skin, and an Aqua Blue skin. I'd add a pair of tech shorts (for pockets) and maybe a hood to tame the hair. It worked fine.

These days I use Sharkskin top/bottom/socks/hood for warmer waters (because I also don't like wetsuits) but still use the rash guards for other water sports, and outdoor pool swims so I don't have to worry about sunscreen.

I prefer two pieces instead, and regardless of the water temp I am covered from my neck down to my toes.

Agree with this - I tend to prefer two pieces and even in hot summer temps will be in long sleeve rash guard and leggings.

I do have one of the Aqua Blue ones linked in another post. Call it my scuba onesie. Be aware of the measurements, particularly height. I almost went down a size due to measurements but overall length would have been a problem if I had.

I wear a one peice, usually under a 2/3mm suit. Even tropical I usually run cold.

I wear a full body skin because I don't like sunscreen. SlipIns are listed as SPF50, I've never burned under it.
I also wear a dive skin type hood to protect ears and a bald head from Caribbean sun. For dives planned in excess of 1 hr, I will add a 2/3 shorty for warmth.

I wear a full body rash guard while on LOB dive trips. I find it helps with the multiple donning and doffing of my wetsuit during the course of the day. Wearing lycra dive socks with the full body rash guard makes things go smoother as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom