Wetsuit for Cozumel in Late June

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Texas Diver:
Hey Lunar.

I agree with the Squeekycat - 3mm is all you are going to need in June.

But now on a more serious note:

Lunar. I'm thinking about inventing an electric wet suit, which will run off a rechargable 9 volt battery. So, no matter where you dive you can dial in a comfy 82 degrees inside the suit. And the weight of the battery will offset some of the weight you carry. I can't find a downside with this idea.

I am currently testing a suit on my cat. I just put her into a kitty suit, turn on the gizmo and throw her into our bath tub full of ice water. So far I only fried her slighty a couple of times. So don't even worry about getting electrocuted. That is all I can say at the moment. I am afraid I may unwittingly divulge enough information for a competitor to steal my idea and rush into production ahead of me.

Just think of it. No more embarrassing uncontrolled feet first ascents in a dry suit.

This is a HUGE money making idea. The next step in the evolution of scuba diving. Something Cousteau himself, would think of if he could come back from the dead.
Of course, being a loyal customer of Christi's, I would offer her the first suits to offer to her customers, free of charge.

If you are interested in pre ordering, just PM me and I will give you all the specifics about size and price. Or, you can wait until they are available to the general public. I am thinking of sellling them through the Time Share guys on Cozumel then going the franchise route.

I think that you should abandon the electrics idea and go with propane. Propane is cheap and easily obtainable, and you could use a little air from your tank to provide oxygen. You could run a heat exchanger from the burner to flow heated water through microtubules in the suit. Think about it. If you use my idea (which I just documented and had notarized, BTW), then I'll expect a licensing fee.

I always dive Coz in a 3mm full. If you are doing 3 or 4 dives a day and night dives, you will eventually get cold. I do. And I am used to diving in 40 to 50 degree water.

I brought a microprene vest and and a beanie, and I throw those on on the 3rd or night dives. Never did I get cold again!!!

Well, I have to agree with Bowmouth and disagree with Christi. I'm a very cold natured diver and I use a 5mm to a 7/5mm now on all my dives. I'm usually under for 45 mins to 90 minutes, depending on how long the divemasters will let me stay. My dive buddy uses a full 7mm all the time. Getting cold can ruin a dive, but not getting hot. I've never ended a dive because I've been too hot. I've had to end many dives because I was too cold. You get warm, just pull the neck open and let a little water in. Even if the water is 85 degrees your body temp is a lot higher and the water is going to suck the heat away from you. I also wear a hood. Call me crazy...with Bowmouth!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom