Wetsuit for tall and skinny guy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

snorkler

Registered
Reaction score
i'm about 5'9 and pretty skinny, i purchased a "Neosport by Henderson 7/5mm Jumpsuit. / Wetsuit Black/Blue Mens Small" but the crotch is too tight. The med. is for sure gonna be too big, even the small is a bit too roomy but i'll be wearing something underneath and manage.

Any recommendations?

We carry a line of wetsuits made in NorCal called Isurus. They were originally designed and are currently being worn by many of the guys surfing Maverick's, offshore Half Moon Bay, California. They are 100% Yamamoto Closed-Cell Neoprene, and we've grown to really like them for freediving and scuba here in the Carolinas.

They have many more sizes than most companies to insure the perfect fit. They actually make a Small-Tall model, designed specifically for guys of your body type. It's definitely an option for you, depending on which route you'd like to go. Shoot me a PM if you have any other questions.

Hooded 5.4 I-Evade Wetsuit

Size Chart

Another company that makes a great suit with lots of unique sizing options is Waterproof, they are a more expensive suit than some but still much less than customs.

+1 for waterproof. Never had a suit fit before. Tried one on and bought it on the spot. They don't just to the standard sm, md, lg -- they size more to body type. They are premium suits and priced that way, but there is no substitute for a suit that fits. They also have the wrist and ankle seals. The combination with the fit means very low water flow and my 3 mm feels closer to a 5 in terms of thermal protection. I won't waste my time with another brand now.

You should email Elios Diving in Italy.

They often come in with a better price on a custom-tailored suit that the retail prices for off-the-rack suits.

Back
Top Bottom