Wetsuit for Tobermory diving ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks so much Stoo. I have given up on diving in a wetsuit and am now looking for drysuit training :) All this information has helped a lot.

If you are a wetsuit diver want to turn into a drysuit diver, try the Whites Fusion. It dives like a wetsuit. For anyone who dove a legacy drysuit, try on and dive a Fusion, will never look back. :)

I dove the Forest City and Arabia this past Sunday in a Mares 8/6/5 Wetsuit, 5mm hood and lobster claw gloves. 37 deg F at 120ft. Didn't really get cold until my safety stop on the second dive.

<snip>
The decision to go "dry" is based on many things: your tolerance for suffering, your personal level of "flaboprene", and perhaps most importantly, your financial resources.

I prefer to think of it as "buoyancy enhancement".

But yes, dry is the way to go. I've done high 30s-low 40s (F) in a 7mm jumpsuit before -- I couldn't afford a dry suit -- and didn't relish the thought of the day's second dive. I still did it...

We dove in Tobermory over the long weekend. I had 12 divers on the charter.Out of 12 divers two brave souls wore wetsuits. One of these person went to mild hypothermia after the first dive on the Forest City and gave up diving for the rest of the week. Second diver managed to do 3 dives from 7 planned due to being too cold. The rest of the group had wonderful dives and we have pictures to prove it :) Victoria Day 2010 - AquaSub Weekend in Tobermory - a set on Flickr
Dive dry or go home

The rest of the group had wonderful dives and we have pictures to prove it :) Victoria Day 2010 - AquaSub Weekend in Tobermory - a set on Flickr
Dive dry or go home

Nice shots there Norbert. I felt like we were stalking you guys this weekend. I commented to Shirky about the guy on your boat in a wetsuit... Brave man. My computers read 38 and 39 off the stern of the Forest City, so I'm not surprised her was a tad chilly. You couldn't complain about the visibility though!

The vis was great and diving in these temperatures was great warm up dives before our trip to Newfoundland in two weeks :)
I can't take credit for the photos,those were taken by my wife but I help to pay for the camera :)

The vis was great and diving in these temperatures was great warm up dives before our trip to Newfoundland in two weeks :)
I can't take credit for the photos,those were taken by my wife but I help to pay for the camera :)

LOL... Plus you get to be in the pictures looking cool, calm and collected.

I wish I had the time to come to The Rock with you. I was there a few years ago but didn't have a chance to get into the water...

New drysuit divers :) It was good day yesterday.

Attachments

• drysuit.JPG
    drysuit.JPG
    194.1 KB · Views: 374
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom