Wetsuit gloves - don and doff

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have Bare Ultrawarmth 5 mm gloves. While they are nice and warm they are a nightmare to put on. I even got a an XXL which are too long in the fingers.
Which wetsuit gloves might be easier to don and doff? I was looking at the WaterProof gloves thinking they might be easier, but don’t have a local dive shop that carries them.

Waterproof G1 gloves are the easiest to put on and off, compared to a few other 5mm neoprene gloves. The zipper does it for me.

I use a spray of wetsuit lube in each glove, makes don/doff really easy. I like the Mako stuff Suit Slide Wetsuit Lubricant but a mix of baby shampoo and water would also work. A 4oz spray bottle would be more than enough.

Personal opinion here and not an official endorsement by JMJ, but of the few gloves I tried on at a local dive shop, I found the SEAC Ultraflex 3.5mm to be the best choice for me. They slide on easily, are comfortable and have the right amount of grip for my tastes. Nice and warm underwater as they sealed well around my hand and don't often flush.

Bought them and they're holding up well after around 20 dives, which is longer than one or two of the other gloves I've used.

Hope that helps!
Derek

Love my Waterproof G1's. They're ergonomic, warm, the zipper makes it easy to don/doff, and they still look nearly new after 75 or so dives, mostly shore dives where they might get banged up.

That being said, your issue is with the fit. Don't take our word for it, that's just what fits our hands. Nothing beats going into a dive shop and trying on every pair they have. And then do the same thing at the dive shop down the street. Try on 10 or 15 pairs, you'll find one that fits your hand well.

Back
Top Bottom