Wetsuit or Semi Dry 7m recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kalekainxx

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looking for a 7mm wetsuit or semi dry one. Have a budget of $200. Anyone recommend any that is easy to put on with good flexibility? Thanks.

I have a semi dry with a broken zipper I would sell for 200...

Sent from my pasture using Tabableet 2

Camaro 7mm Stingray. You can get one from Sierra Trading Post for a good price.

How's Mens Henderson Hyperstretch 7mm compared with Mares Isotherm 6.5? Both are for 199.

If you can get the Henderson 7mm for $199 go for it. Henderson makes great suits, and it is their only business. I dive a 7mm Thermoprene as a work suit and it is quite good.

I must differ. Get the Isotherm. I saw that same deal and got them for my wife and I. They are not "semi-dry" they are "mostly dry". They do an incredible job of keeping water out. In a 2.5 hour snorkel with lots of hand and leg motion, in 65-70 degree water, with no gloves or boots (but using the included hood), i.e. just the suit seals, I only got wet up to my forearms and knees. My core stayed dry. Needless to say I was very warm and when I took the suit off I was not freezing in the cold air, either. I could easily have gone another 2 hours.

If you use boots and gloves, it is quite possible you will be almost completely dry after your dive.

It is the best-constructed wetsuit that I have ever seen. There is just no comparision to wetsuits designed to let water flush in. Even if water did penetrate into the suit, it be so slow that there would be no "shock" and there is absolutely no way that the water would flush out. You would only be warming the water once and it would stay warm. When I left the water, the little water that did get into the legs remained trapped in the suit until I released the seals. Just amazing.

I know where you are getting that deal. If they have your size, I would jump on it!

I thought about buying the Isotherm but then I found quite a lot of people complaining about its cheap dry-zip. At the end I went for the SP Novascotia and I'm quite pleased with it. It costs a little more but still far less than a good dry suit.

Can't vouch for long-term reliability of the zip as I only just got it. I will say the zipper seems pretty solid, but it is not the traditioal metal dry zipper.

However, the OP's budget was 200, and that is what the isotherm is going for on sale. At that price, I could replace 3 zippers over ten years and still be cheaper than any of the competitors.

However, the OP's budget was 200, and that is what the isotherm is going for on sale. At that price, I could replace 3 zippers over ten years and still be cheaper than any of the competitors.

The Isotherm and Novascotia cost almost the same. I paid 320€ for the NS and the IT would have cost about 280€ here in Germany.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom