Wetsuit Pilling

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bfenne

Registered
Reaction score
Hey I just purchased a hendeson Titanium Hyperstretch 2 piece wetsuit and noticed the material is starting to pill from where the velcro rubs when I have the bib folded down between dives. Is this normal or a defect in material? Thanks to all that reply.

Anyone else! Based on one response I would believe that either it is not normal or nobody buys henderson wetsuits. Any other input.

It's normal. Velcro will do that.

Why would you assume that one response saying it's very normal would mean it's not normal? Often, people will only bother to post if they have something to add.

It's normal, happens to my Hyperstretch right where the velcro cumber bun from my BCD rubs it.
I believe it even says in the tags that come with the suit that contact with velcro will cause pilling...

bfenne:
Hey I just purchased a hendeson Titanium Hyperstretch 2 piece wetsuit and noticed the material is starting to pill from where the velcro rubs when I have the bib folded down between dives. Is this normal or a defect in material? Thanks to all that reply.

Hyperstretch is very bad for pilling. Normal wetsuits don't really pill badly.

Robin

That's because the material that is bonded to the neoprene is Lycra. Lycra and velcro do not like each other. Keep them separated!!!!!

Good luck,
SWT

Hyperstretch is horrible for that. I got a new 3mil hyperstrech before my summer trip this year, and when I would sit down and start to strap on my bc, the hook part of the cummerbund velcro would always get stuck to the yellow stripe on my upper leg. Now I have a million little balls on it.

And for no good reason the stitcing on the sleeve started coming undone on that trip!!! :(

MSilvia:
Why would you assume that one response saying it's very normal would mean it's not normal? Often, people will only bother to post if they have something to add.

Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom