Whale Shark Sighting at the Flower Gardens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congrtulations on your life experience!!!

Regards,

What boat were you on? I was on the SeaSearcher II Labor day weekend for the spawning. The Fling (I think) reported a whaleshark while they were at rig 389. We were just getting out and had a 3 hour SI so figured we'd miss her. Actually we thought y'all were just pulling our leg.

What an awesome surprise! She was hanging at the stern when we were finishing OUR rig dive almost 4 hours later.

I guess you were one of the girls who swam over. BTW we were all pretty impressed - of course we didn't know you had fins. lol

Hey Cindy, CONGRATULATIONS!!! not only on seeing and swimming with the whale shark which is an awesome experience in itself, but thanks for also sharing a great way to make a bad day seem uniportant in comparison.

maria

this was posted october 2002 originaly,it was her first ,but not the last flower gardens whale shark. :wink:

Oops - I guess she started a trend. Of course this means that I can go back to believing the 2 girls who swam over didn't have any fins.

Awesome! I've been to the Garden's twice, justed returned on the 9th, and havn't had the pleasure of seeing one.

I also saw one there. It really makes you feel small here on this planet!
I have a picture of teh one I saw in my gallery.

I only got one partial pic. My batteries were drained and the LCD wouldn't come on so I just pointed the camera in her direction - badly. BTW I was maybe 15' away and using an S&S Wide Angle lens when I took this shot. Just to give y'all an idea of size. Sorry about the lousy quality, but the shot wasn't worth trying to fix.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom