What a great day with Scubamau!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

firstdive2005

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I am laying on my bed trying not to pass out before writing this. I am just sun beaten. I also stuffed my face too much on barracuda.
I dove my last dives with my friends Aiko and Troy, Kathy left today, they are such good divers and friends I will truly miss them until next time. I wish them safe journey and fun going home.
We dove the devils ass today. What a blast. Eddie was our dive master. We hit it quickly and had so much fun going up the slope. We also weaved around in the other swim throughs around there. We say 3 eagle rays out there too. Our total first dive bottom time was 56mins. Such a great dive when done right.
We spent 1hour 15ins at Paradise beach. Very nice place for a SI. Then off to Tunich. The current was quite rippy at the first of the dive them it tapered off a bit half way. Saw the big green moray at the glassy slipper hole. Lots of fish, only one lion fish. That was good. Here we saw 2 eagle rays again.
On my safety stop I was alone and just hanging clicking off the seconds when I thought Id turn around and wow a juvenile eagle ray, probably 4ft across was following me about 10ft away. I kind of startled it and I couldnt get my camera on fast enough to get a head shot. But got a great turn around vid of it. It had two Remora attached under it. Very cool. Right after that I was almost done with reef when a Nurse shark came off the reef onto the sandy bottom chasing something. That was neat. A great dive. I had a one mil and 3 mil on. I was nicely warm. My 3 mil has about 1000dives on it and is getting thin. The others ran out of gas, not really sure when but I was down 1hr 10mins. Another great dive.
Gabi loco was out with a Riffe rep using a new spear gun. They go two fairly large Barracuda. I met him on the dock cleaning them. He said to get some charcoal and we could eat. Didnt need to ask twice. What a great feast. This we a do so much. I love that about Scubamau gang. We fiesta so much like that. Tommorrow I hope to go out with Gabi and this hunter also.
Monkey took out a boat with 5-6 people and a little kid fishing and diving. They got several fish too. I had to leave or I would eat until I pass out. The food is so good.
This is such a good trip so far.:D

Nice to know you're having a great time.

That's the term for doing Devils Throat backwards. (enter at what's usually the exit). Get it?

I'll be diving with them in May. Love the story!!!

Sounds like a blast Kev, I dove with Troy back in May. Great guy. I see your leaving one day earlier now, so we won't be diving together. Be safe and I'll catch you next time I'm in Coz.

Matthew

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom