what anilao resorts rent out double tanks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paolov:
tried double tanks na lang instead of manifold. hehehe calorie burn

do you mean double tank setup with independent 1st, 2nd, octo in each tank? does anyone still use that setup?:)

Spoon:
yup yup thats it planet dive! thanks was thinking of that name for the longest time. they do in fact rent doubles but that was long ago. been there when i was still a non-diver. howe do you rate their facilities compared to aqua v or outrigger? am considering their resort.

ok naman. havnt been to aqua or outrigger so i really cant compare. they have nice rooms which open up to a view of the ocean, food is good, all facilities are clean and well maintained. bad trip lang pag sa bandang taas ang room, its such a pain to climb up and down after every dive, although im sure youre much more fit than i am:wink: BTW only the topmost cottages have aircon.

Matthew:
ok naman. havnt been to aqua or outrigger so i really cant compare. they have nice rooms which open up to a view of the ocean, food is good, all facilities are clean and well maintained. bad trip lang pag sa bandang taas ang room, its such a pain to climb up and down after every dive, although im sure youre much more fit than i am:wink: BTW only the topmost cottages have aircon.

matthew, most of my dives are day trips and i seldom stay overnite. if thats the case il check it out. there are facilities naman to change and shower after the dive?

reason why i am only considering this resort is coz of their twin tank rental and gas blending. also its realtively near the good sites and have good shore dives. only hassle is that its further away....

btw im not really that fit, once climbing up the stairs of el pinoy i almost collapsed!

Spoon:
yup yup thats it planet dive! thanks was thinking of that name for the longest time. they do in fact rent doubles but that was long ago. been there when i was still a non-diver. howe do you rate their facilities compared to aqua v or outrigger? am considering their resort.

The only complaint I have with Planet Dive is the dirty common bathroom. Shampoo sachets and soap wrappers scattered on the floor together with sand. I dunno why don't they just install a water hose at the side of the CR and every hour have someone sweep the floor for sachets and flush sand with the hose. Wouldn't take more than 20 minutes to do this.

The food is also not as good as aquaventure and of course the service in Aqua is just different. But that Scubarat package they have makes a lot of budget divers happy.

Axua:
The only complaint I have with Planet Dive is the dirty common bathroom. Shampoo sachets and soap wrappers scattered on the floor together with sand. I dunno why don't they just install a water hose at the side of the CR and every hour have someone sweep the floor for sachets and flush sand with the hose. Wouldn't take more than 20 minutes to do this.

The food is also not as good as aquaventure and of course the service in Aqua is just different. But that Scubarat package they have makes a lot of budget divers happy.

that will be a problem for my girlfriend. if thats a problem for her then it is for me:) if thats the case il just spend extra and rent the tanks of Ligaya and bring it to aquav.

Spoon:
matthew, most of my dives are day trips and i seldom stay overnite. if thats the case il check it out. there are facilities naman to change and shower after the dive?

reason why i am only considering this resort is coz of their twin tank rental and gas blending. also its realtively near the good sites and have good shore dives. only hassle is that its further away....

btw im not really that fit, once climbing up the stairs of el pinoy i almost collapsed!

yeah, check them out, i think they have a cheap day trip package. there are common shower facilities but sometimes the water gets weak, especially during peak days. boat rides are definitely shorter and cheaper to some sites like mainit.

el pinoy? i nearly collapsed halfway up:wink:

Axua:

i agree, especially during summer weekends. the problem really is the water.

Matthew:
yeah, check them out, i think they have a cheap day trip package. there are common shower facilities but sometimes the water gets weak, especially during peak days. boat rides are definitely shorter and cheaper to some sites like mainit.

el pinoy? i nearly collapsed halfway up:wink:

i hated that resort totally. i think my dm had some kickbacks because i paid much more here than in aquav and outrigger. the food sucked and the facilities were sub-standard. one of my worst diving experiences ever!

Spoon:
i hated that resort totally. i think my dm had some kickbacks because i paid much more here than in aquav and outrigger. the food sucked and the facilities were sub-standard. one of my worst diving experiences ever!

i agree with your observations (and suspicion)

Spoon:
do you mean double tank setup with independent 1st, 2nd, octo in each tank? does anyone still use that setup?:)

yes, if you carry different mixes (i.e. air and nitrox). IF you dont have separate mixes, it still works. considr it as a redundant supply.

it's sort of a problem solving thing only, to address the manifold rental problem. If you want to go twins yet no one rents it out then make your own doubles.

It does take some training though before you go out . hhhmmmmmm maybe this should be covered in a training session not on forums. very dangerous......

SAFE DIVING

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom