What are the "Can't Miss" dive sites in Bonaire?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My favorite dive site IS Bonaire.
I like the dive site between karpata and red slave.

All sites are great, but the easiest and such a beautiful reef with lots of fish, my favorite,
"SOMETHING SPECIAL" Just came back (Dec. 26 thru Jan 11. Must have did this site at least 6 times. You won't regret it.

I'm partial to The Lake and The Rock. Karpata is my favorite dive but the problem is you're never 100% sure of the surf conditions and the return trip can be long. whereas down south, I dive site after the other.

We were there in Dec. The North was very beaten compared 2008.
Due to changes from the storms and conditions we have 2 new favorites;

Somthing special (with a swim across the harbor for some really cool critters and a nice wood wreck.

And our favorite was Windsock! This is a very popular swimming/tanning beach for both locals and cruiseship herds. But if you catch the timing right... The top of the reef is pretty much rubble but with all the associated critters. Once over the edge it was simply the fishiest dive we did. The most eels and the only green we saw. huge schools of fish, great coral life. Just a great dive (we did it 3 times). I had never thought for a second of even stopping at this site but got some good dope and really liked it.

I'm partial to The Lake and The Rock. Karpata is my favorite dive but the problem is you're never 100% sure of the surf conditions and the return trip can be long. whereas down south, I dive site after the other.

Take the short cut! The dirt road built to run cable takes you back to Andra! Save a lot of time! I do know what you mean! Seen some people eat it in the surf of the big block!

I am a huge fan of the Lake. That said we stayed at Buddy Dive last time and the house reef(s) from Sand Dollar north past Capt. Don's were great. Tons of life including curious squid.

Here is a Lake shot! I also think it is a top dive!
820__MG_7214_Sponges_at_the_Lake_Bonaire_12-09_IV.jpg

Great dive sites:
Oil Slick
Karpata
Red Beryl
South Pink Beach

BTW: When you take the short cut past Karpata, Don't speed down the the long hill or you will implant the nose of your truck into the ground.

Back
Top Bottom