What are the "Can't Miss" dive sites in Bonaire?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ladonias leap? love that one--dove and then just played jumping off and climbing up the staits

Yer confusing two different "leaps".
Oil Slick Leap is the one with the stairs to exit the water a few feet over from where you leap.
La Dania's Leap is further up the road after it turns one-way. I've never quite found this leap location, but it's probably best not done solo anyhow. But after that leap, there's no getting out till you drift/swim to the Karpata site...

Am no expert but I found La Dania's Leap to be a much better dive that Oil Slick-- no comparison imho. Bas can take you there, that's how I did it this past summer. Also did Tailor Maid another super dive. As a night dive I have no insight only have done the small wall. As mentioned though Bas's night UV dive is highly touted.

Something Special

On top of that we off gased each time at a rock that had dozens of creatures on and around it. Fish, eels, crabs, shrimp... its a rock (maybe its dead coral) about 4' wide and in about 7 or 8 feet of water. Its right off the dock to the right of the beach.

Really cool. I wish our video came out clearer.

I know this coral. there is a cleaning station that if you stick both hands in you will be cleaned by two kinds of shrimp. I've seen the shrimp fight over who gets to clean.

Bari Reef (You can dive this over and over and swear you're at a different site every time. Has the greatest diversity of life of any reef anywhere.)
Anywhere in Bonaire, anywhere in the Caribbean, or anywhere in the world? I can't believe the last could be true.

I saw on facebook "Bonaire Dutch Caribbean" that Bonaire has 86 dive sites. I never knew there were that many.

Looks like we have our work cut out for us when we go.... 86 sites / 7days = 12-13 dives per day!

Anywhere in Bonaire, anywhere in the Caribbean, or anywhere in the world? I can't believe the last could be true.

The "CORAL" fish identification folks do fish surveys all over the caribbean and Bari reef generally wins the surveys as the location with the most # of species.

It might help that one of the count sites is there at BDA!

The "CORAL" fish identification folks do fish surveys all over the caribbean and Bari reef generally wins the surveys as the location with the most # of species.

It might help that one of the count sites is there at BDA!
OK, you scared me with your "anywhere" claim since Caribbean species pale in comparison to the varieties found in other locales (esp. the Indo-Pacific). If Bari were more diverse than Wakatobi, I'd have little reason to fly 24 hours each way this May.

OK, you scared me with your "anywhere" claim since Caribbean species pale in comparison to the varieties found in other locales (esp. the Indo-Pacific). If Bari were more diverse than Wakatobi, I'd have little reason to fly 24 hours each way this May.

I did not make the original comment - was just clarifying!

My favorite is Jerry's Reef it's a boat dive off Klein, lots of turtles. It is also a drift dive.

Back
Top Bottom