What are your biggest pet peeves?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lengthy surface swims
having to work to pay for dive trips :(
divers who throw their masks (or other gear) into the camera tank
my hair getting under my mask
DM's who want to "fix" something on my BC. Though I will never be an "expert" I am quite comfortable with the way I have my set up.
Divers who want to touch everything.
gear manufactures who won't make women's gear.
not diving as often as i want to because of the "work" thing

"If you need more than a T-Shirt, it's too cold to go diving":anonymous2:

Pshhh... I don't know why you wouldn't love cold, dark water with 6 inch visibility :wink:

Reactions: Jax
Oh, and kids, breath and breathe are not the same thing. Ugh..that's opening a whole different can of worms, isn't it?
:sigh:

Agreed! As a teacher, it's well-nigh impossible to ignore my urge to point things like these out, but this seems like the appropriate thread to do so!

I've got a personal pet peeve to add: When you say hello to someone, or nod and smile in acknowledgement, and no response is given....ARGGGGGG!! :bash:

Cheers! ::cheers:

Oh, gosh, if I were to make a list of written mistakes here that make me cringe each time... but I just tell myself that the important thing is the MESSAGE. As long as errors in the formal aspects of spelling, grammar, lexis, and even pronunciation for those who are non-native English users, don't interfere with the message, I consciously choose to ignore them.

(Having said that, the most grating spelling mistake for me currently is simular instead of the correct spelling similar. Before that it was the misspelling definately in place of definitely, but people seem to be using this less frequently, or I've just got used to it!)

Last edited:
Culturally speaking, a dove is greatly symbolic, as I recount having dived.

Not sure if this has already been mentioned or not, have been sporadically reading: My hair being ripped out of my head by valves or manifold, and the rat's nest it becomes after a long dive.

Driving 6-10 hours a weekend to dive. 'cause I want to dive every weekend and Atlanta's not a hotbed of dive sites.

Quality of problems, though. If those are my biggest pet peeves, I'm not complaining, I'm diving.

Ladies -- Please visit your friendly neighborhood Harley Davidson shop! They have lightweight stretch beanies you can put over your hair when you dive -- takes care of the hair-everywhere.

I say Harley because more Harley riders ride without a helmet, so the shops carry bandannas and stretch hair-covers.

The time between reaching a dive spot and getting all geared up and in the water...

It would take a book to list them- and we wrote that book! Watch for The Scuba Snobs Guide to Diving Etiquette, by Debbie and Dennis Jacobson, due out in June. Among the points listed: people who chase things, people who crowd you, people who don't have and use a boat bag, rule breakers, inconsiderate selfish oafish people who are rude, late, loud, and obnoxious, coral touchers, bottom crashers, and smokers. The book is seriously funny but full of important information and tips. DivemaseterDennis

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom