What are YOUR most pressing Health/Wellness/Fitness Concerns?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm tickled as all get out to be able to still count birthday candles. My pressing health issuse is that I won't be able to do the type of dives that I used to do since my open heart surgery. They have to be more relaxing, laid back dives.

I'd be interested in anything that has some validity to it. Don't try to sell me growth hormone or DHEA :)

Rotator cuff tear. I seem to get in 3 or 4 local dive trips between painful flare-ups, but I won't be able to put off the repair surgery indefinitely. What scares me most is hearing all the stories from people telling me how much worse the surgery was than they expected.

Industrious, I know 4 or 5 that have had the surgery. The rehab is the worst part but if you do it their way, it sure makes things go a lot quicker and easier. And I have yet to find any of them that didn't think it was worth the effort.

Well, turning 60 is a bit of a milestone in my life. But, last Saturday I rode my fastest 25 mile since I broke my femur now four years ago. I routinely destroy people half my age in the pool. But, yeah, age has it's benefits, I have a built in excuse now and I get senior discounts and young people hold doors open for me. I guess it is okay. I limit depth now to 100 feet (though, shhhh, do not tell my wife, I sometimes sneak a bit past that).

N

Bob this seems to be the most common "smarty pants" answer but I'm thinking there is something to it :D

I'd be interested in anything that has some validity to it. Don't try to sell me growth hormone or DHEA :)

Hahahahaha, I don't sell ANYTHING!!!

Staying supple/flexible and maintaining core strenght as the years pass (race) by.

Weight loss... required by way too much sitting at my computer to edit underwater video. Fortunately diving keeps my blood pressure low and relieves the stress.

Try parabiosis with a young mouse. How is that for outlandish? Let me know if it works. The mouse will needs its own dive gear, of course.

I would be interested in migraine data as well.
The above post was interesting that the pain is something else that manifests itself as a migraine.
I don't have an issue but know several people for whom it's serious.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom