What BC do you use?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I aggree with everyone in saying try as many as you can. If it is a super Duper NAVY SEAL with rotating strobe light it is crap if it don't fit... YOU personally.

I actually ended up buying one that my wife was looking at. The a backinflate model with swivel straps. I like the way it fit. I miss having pockets but that keeps me from buying stupid gadgets anyhow.

Too many cool looking things to buy that fits in pockets.

I have a ScubaPro Knighthawk as well. But it's my first BCD so I don't have too much experience in terms of variety. I tried on every BCD that I could try on at the LDS and picked the best fit within my budget. So far I love it. Too bad I live in Chicago and don't get to use it as often as I would like.

I have a Cressi-sub Aquapro 5. It's a jacket style BC. I'd say that if you're looking for suggestions to buy a BC, the best bit of research that you could possibly do is practical.
Try on a variety of BC's and gradually develop a feel of what's important to you and what features complement the style of diving that you do.

vel525:
I have a ScubaPro Knighthawk as well. But it's my first BCD so I don't have too much experience in terms of variety. I tried on every BCD that I could try on at the LDS and picked the best fit within my budget. So far I love it. Too bad I live in Chicago and don't get to use it as often as I would like.

Back to the OLD BCD question eh. Well, once again lots of great opinions. Sounds like there are some Knighthawk lovers out there. I just bought new gear, and at the LDS I got it an instructor told me he sold his Knighthawk for a Mares V1000 (Which I later got, and is a jacket style) and he liked it more. Hmmm, my guess is whatever you have, as long as it works and feels good is the BEST BCD out there :D I haven't seen many threads where people say their BCD sucks, HA!! Anyway, good luck and happy buying!!!

I dive an Oceanic Pro-Tour and I love it!

I’ve been using a weight integrated Scubapro S-Tek harness with TravTek wing for the past five years—it’s great for travelling and very comfortable in the water. Was considering various BP/wing setups or a Dive Rite Transpac II/Travel wing—at the moment a Halcyon MC/Eclipse 30 wing would be my choice. If I ever change BC, I would definitely hang on to my S-Tek as a backup.

I use a MARES Vector 1000 Air Trim BCD and really like it.

Once again Scubapro Knighthawk. Only my second but love it much more then a wrap around.

My first and favorite (which I still have) was my Tusa X-pert. Now depending on the type of diving, I use the Platina evolution or the Zeagle Ranger. I'm going to be picking up the Cressi-sub J111R w/FCS just to see what it's like.....

Back
Top Bottom