What can you see

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Joel2693

Registered
Reaction score
If I am snorkeling and the reef is at 25 feet and good visibility, how much color and detail will I see on the reef typically not only with my own eyes but the use of a goro 12 . Would it be better to swim down to 10 feet to improve my video quality and my own image quality through my own eyes. I also bought a filter kit. One is specifically for snorkeling which is a pink filter not red. It is rated for 2-15 feet. Any thoughts are appreciated. Thank you so much.

Hi Joel. I think you have to get closer. For me, personally, I wouldn’t enjoy the work of free diving down close enough for detailed video at that depth. That’s one of the reasons I got into scuba diving; to see the reefs that are shallow enough retain lots of color, but too deep to comfortably snorkel.

The Heros are incredibly wide angle. I love it, but getting closer is essential. Also, investing in a tray helps with stability: the heavier the better. Dual handles are best. and will help you aim the GoPro better as well as eliminating the shakes from kicking and erratically changing angles. Think smooth, cinematic sweeps. Some of the videos almost make me seasick, especially the head mounted ones.

1710190597493.png

Hi Joel. I think you have to get closer. For me, personally, I wouldn’t enjoy the work of free diving down close enough for detailed video at that depth. That’s one of the reasons I got into scuba diving; to see the reefs that are shallow enough retain lots of color, but too deep to comfortably snorkel.
Yup, also basically why I got into scuba. I was snorkeling in Cozumel, trying (unsuccessfully) to take pics of fish as a I dove down to them. If I were a better freediver, I may have just stuck to that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom