What did you buy that you regret?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My Tulsa console - Before I got the bp/w I had to tuck it in the waist strap on the jacket's I was renting and that got annoying real quick. Wrist mounted gauges are so much easier.

The other thing I regret purchasing was an 8 c-cell pistol grip light. I hate the thing.

Okay, my greatest equipment regret is a SUUNTO DC-9 transmitter. A friend offered to let me dive with his spare computer, which is wireless. All I needed to do was purchase the transmitter. Okay, that's a great idea if you are married.

But, eventually, I had to give the computer back. And, after using the DC-9, although it is indeed VERY COOL, as a noob I struggled with all the bells and whistles. Additionally, the DC-9 computer is incredibly rich for my pocketbook.

So, I purchased as a replacement computer - hosed - and gave him back his DC-9.

Let's see... $500 for the transmitter with less than 7 dives on it (which now sits on my dresser) and $700 for a new computer with compass and quick disconnnect.

I financially regret accepting his offer to use his computer and wish I would have invested the original $500 into the computer I ended up purchasing.

Let's see... $500 for the transmitter with less than 7 dives on it (which now sits on my dresser) and $700 for a new computer with compass and quick disconnnect.

I financially regret accepting his offer to use his computer and wish I would have invested the original $500 into the computer I ended up purchasing.
You could sell the transmitter here or on eBay. As long as its commonly used gear there should be a resale market for it.

Best of luck.

Aqualung Blades II fins.
Pistol grip lights.
Anything not black.
Sea&Sea MX-5 II.

Ill fitting BC.
A Snorkel.
Deluxe Akona regulator case.

Other than that I like everything else.

Beside regretting the purchase of my Chrysler.....I do not regret any of my scuba gear. Some was not necessarily the best thing for me and I know that now, but it has all had me in the water for the last 5-6 years so I'll write it off to a learning experience when I replace it.

The Chrysler however.....no excuse for that heap'o'crap :D

The first AND second Jaguars. Some people never learn.

Oh, and the super dee-luxe fancy harness will all the bells and whistles, two kinds of weight pockets, velcro back pad and a price tag triple that of the plain old harness and backplate I replaced it with shortly thereafter.

I think I need to start shopping without taking my credit card!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom