What did you do before you dove

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've always sorta had it around since I grew up on the water. In the early years it was with a tank that had web straps rivoted to it and this old heavy glass coustou type mask and these hard rubber fins and a snorkel that tasted like the fins smelled and this weightbelt that could double for an anchor. BUT someone had to clean off the bottom of the boats and my grandfather always elected me to do it! Well, with the tank from about 8 years old and on. Then for a long time I was lord of the free dive.. if it was able to be done, I did it. There was a pair of 40' deep saltwater lakes that had all sorts of stuff trapped in them - the water was able to cycle out from underneath the ground, and with the water being still, it was always clear. I cycled to those and free dive in them for years! After I graduated HS my water sports kind of went to the wayside for cycling, hiking, camping, college, and working medieval fairs. My wife is the one who got me back into the water with gear for a marrige gift and I've been back in the wet ever since (only now I log dives that I didnt know to log before :wink:)!

cobaltbabe:
Along the lines of what else do you do other then SCUBA, what did you do before you got hooked on SCUBA?

I lived on the water in NoCal, so it was water sking, boating, jet sking, fishing, swimming and just sitting on my dock with tootsies in the water watching the sky glow and the sun set...oh, and when not in or around the water, eating a hot dog (or two) at the Oakland A's home games was my next best favorite thing to do.

...now it's sitting in traffic or diving, but mostly sitting in traffic. :frown11:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom