What do choose?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Naftali

New
Reaction score
Hi, I’m about to buy my first diving set and I got three options in the same price range:
1. Mares dual adj 62x and Mares Dragon bcd
2. Aqualung Titan and Aqualung hd pro bcd
3. Cressi c25 master cromo and Cressi Aquaride bcd
What would you recommend?

Be prepared, someone is going to tell you that you should get a backplate and wing. Given that you’ve already decided to go with a jacket style BCD, I personally would go with Aqualung. However, I don’t think it really matters; all three of those combinations should be fine, as long as you can get the regulator serviced easily in your area. Get the one you like and go diving.

most experienced divers will tell you not to get a jacket style bcd. not that there is anything wrong with them. i personally started with one as well. and then owned a second one after that.

only because they learned from trial and error that the jacket style is not the best option. a better option would either be a rear inflate type bcd (i loved my dive rite Voyageur Pac bcd) or a back plate with wing.

but it depends on many factors. where will you be diving? warm water or cold? will you be traveling with it? salt water or fresh? how much lift do you need? etc

as far as regs go, i agree with the above that for most people the key is being able to get them serviced by a good tech in your area. most regs are all good quality. it just depends on your needs and your budget.

my only advise is to be sure to buy one with a sealed first stage.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom