What do you do when nobody can go diving with you?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ppatrick

Reaction score
Hi

I’m a new diver and trying to organize my first long distance dive trip to go to Florida Keys. I have a few friends who dive but none of them can go with me. Diving alone is dangerous but what to do if you couldn’t find anyone to go dive with you? Should I expect to find other “single” divers in the Keys? What’s the odd? Do people always come in group? Please advice.

Thank you,
Patrick

There's lots of dive shops there. Check them out and I'm sure you can find charters that will have other divers.

all the diving is boat diving in the Keys, so if you are alone you will be buddied up with someone on the boat - just tell the DM when you turn up and let the operator know when you book.

As they said, you will be able to find a buddy in KL. That said, when I can't find a buddy I get on Scuba Board and ask again.:D

To add to the above, you can most always find someone on the boats who will dive with you but be honest about your skills with your new buddy and choose your dives accordingly. I will almost always dive with a new/unknown diver on an easy dive but I have and will refuse to dive with an unknown diver on more challenging dives. My buddy and I were asked to dive with a lone diver on the Spegial Grove last March. We refused, this wreck is deep and known for it's strong currents and we had no idea of the divers abilities. Had he dove with us on some of the shallow dives we were doing earlier in the week, most likely we would have gladly let him join us. As it turned out, my buddy and I got involved in an OOA on the way back up from that dive.

Simple... Solo diving! Time is money for me....:wink:

really?

(hehehehehe.... and, here we go!)

--c

ppatrick:
Hi

I’m a new diver and trying to organize my first long distance dive trip to go to Florida Keys. I have a few friends who dive but none of them can go with me. Diving alone is dangerous but what to do if you couldn’t find anyone to go dive with you? Should I expect to find other “single” divers in the Keys? What’s the odd? Do people always come in group? Please advice.

Thank you,
Patrick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom