What do you do when you can't dive ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Go to the 'wet' bar to get wet and have 'wet' dreams about diving (underwater that is!)

The only 'drowning' related to scuba should be drowning the sorrows of cancelled dives and dreaming of the next one.

Swimming, reading and dreaming about diving.

Haha I am reading Scuba Board when I can't dive - and my dives also didn't happen last weekend as I am in Cyprus too. We were planning to dive Zenobia again, but the weather was just awful even to drive there, leave alone dive there. So a cup of tea, laptop and looking out of the window crossing fingers for the next weekend :)

Hey Bravecat - sorry to hear that , I'm in Nicosia at the moment also - I have now lost a third days diving, this is getting boring ! - I even took a trip over to the north coast to have a look there and photographed two small tornadoes touching down into the sea about a mile offshore from Kyrenia.

Worst weather I have seen for a few years. - should break by Thursday according to forecast so I am busily resheduling for next weekend and some night dives next week. Good luck with the Zenobia. Best Phil.

Hey Phil,

I do not go to the North but I know that it is beautiful there. You are lucky. I think it's getting too cold for diving in a wetsuit now here. What do you dive in? Mine is 5mm and it's about manageable now, but surface intervals are murder! Not sure what forecast you saw, but mine here shows rain rain and more rain until Sunday!

Sad to say: as often as not, I make bad decisions, go diving anyhow, and deeply regret it fighting terrible conditions.

Hi Rhone man - yes seriously tempted to try just that ! - but typically, I'm back in ofice today and the weather has cleared. B*****y typical. Planning on weekend now, so just hope it doesn't break again.

Bravecat - I am diving in a 5mm two peice (farmer john) and shorty, so leggings and like a vest top all in one in 5mm, with a 5mm shorty over the top. So my arms and legs have 5mm, and body has 10mm of wetsuit. Sea was still 23 degrees the other day so it will be a month or two yet before I think it is too cold. Jan/Feb sea will drop to around 14-16 ish so I might bring a drysuit out. But the dive hub I go to dives all year round in wetsuits.

Yes - large parts of the north are beautiful, and it is where I spend most of my time. If you want to come across and dive some time I can hook you up with an outfit I trust, and if I am about we can meet and dive together if you want.

For the weather I have been following th eTurkish Met Office data and centrating on wind and currents - not too fussed about rain, I'm wet anyway when I go down. Sunny warm and dry here in Nicosia today.

Best Phil;

Thanks Phil! As tempting as the offer is, I can't go to the North. I would like to, one day, when I won't need to show my passport to get there.

Wow you're brave, waiting until the water is 14C to get your dry suit out :) I don't have one, so limited to my 5mm. Not sure whether I will dive again this year in Cyprus, but looking forward to Egypt liveaboard next February. Should be fun.

Do you visit/dive in the Southern part of island at all? What club do you dive with?

6golf.gif

Bravecat - PM me if you want, I could cross the border (I have no restrictions) and we could always meet for a coffee if you want, I'm usually here one or two weeks a month and stay in Nicosia. I always enter the country through the south and go through one of the crossing points to the north, rather than enter through Turkey.

I haven't dived in the south yet, but want to dive the Zenobia wreck early next year, if you have any recomendations of who to go with that would be great.

I spent a couple of days in Larnaca last month before going over to Crete, but wasn't able to get any diving fitted in. Best - Phil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom