What do you pack?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I must be in the minority...cause I take everything I can get...we check two bags a piece and carry on a bag each...I split all of our clothes evenly amongst the bags and split up the dive gear, I want to be prepared in case we lose a bag on the way.

I'm more like you. My wife and I try to cut down every time we go, but we always end up with 4 checked pieces and a couple of carry-ons. We go for two weeks, we dive and we fish, and we bring stuff to friends there. It adds up.

I must be in the minority...cause I take everything I can get...we check two bags a piece and carry on a bag each...I split all of our clothes evenly amongst the bags and split up the dive gear, I want to be prepared in case we lose a bag on the way.

Also, I put all the liquids in the gallon size ziploc bags, which are great on the return for wet clothes, etc...

For me I take:

6 bathing suits
4 cover ups
at least 3 pairs shoes
5 sundresses
a couple of pairs of shorts
2 pairs of capris
4 or 5 tanks

my husband takes 4 pairs of board shorts and 3 casual shorts, and a couple of tops

then I take my flat iron, hair products, makeup, skin care stuff, bug spray, laundry detergent, spray starch, sunscreen, massage oil, body lotions, aloe gel...

add in all the dive gear and the laptop...I think the only thing I left at home was the cats!

Drives my husband crazy, but I like to have my stuff!!

I am with you...I take a whole big suitcase full of stuff, you never really now what you need! In addition, my dive bag is packed with all the usual stuff (BC fins mask etc) along with my 5 or so wet suits. I also have a carry on with my regulator and computer, emergency bathing suit and a mask. I leave my flat iron at home and let my hair go wild and big. My husband just smiles.

For me I take:

6 bathing suits
4 cover ups
at least 3 pairs shoes
5 sundresses
2 pairs of capris
4 or 5 tanks

then I take my flat iron, hair products, makeup, skin care stuff, bug spray, laundry detergent, spray starch, sunscreen, massage oil, body lotions, aloe gel...
And my DH thought I packed too much! I'm down to 2 bathing suits, 7 t-shirts, 2 pr capris, 4 pr shorts (but 2 are for over the bathing suits), 2 pr Crocs, pj's & a bathrobe. No hair dryer, no makeup, just your basic toiletries. I used to lug all that other stuff, but found it's too humid to do anything with your hair, it's too laid back to worry about dressing up, and it's just more stuff to have to repack to go home, and I hate packing.

And my DH thought I packed too much! I'm down to 2 bathing suits, 7 t-shirts, 2 pr capris, 4 pr shorts (but 2 are for over the bathing suits), 2 pr Crocs, pj's & a bathrobe. No hair dryer, no makeup, just your basic toiletries. I used to lug all that other stuff, but found it's too humid to do anything with your hair, it's too laid back to worry about dressing up, and it's just more stuff to have to repack to go home, and I hate packing.

I know I tend to go a bit overboard...but if I cant eliminate an entire suitcase I might as well fill it up! I'm always under the 50 pound limit and I usually have room to bring back a few souvenirs...

I know I tend to go a bit overboard...but if I cant eliminate an entire suitcase I might as well fill it up! I'm always under the 50 pound limit and I usually have room to bring back a few souvenirs...
I entirely understand! For years I tried to prepare for every possibility and pack accordingly. I think it was Coz that made me realize vacations should be 'no worries' and start down-sizing. Now what I empty out in gifts & food going down, gets filled back up with gifts & liquor to bring home! Although one trip our Customs Declaration had a big total of $36 on it ... for 2 of us! :11:

Also, I put all the liquids in the gallon size ziploc bags, which are great on the return for wet clothes, etc...

For me I take:

6 bathing suits
4 cover ups
at least 3 pairs shoes
5 sundresses
2 pairs of capris
4 or 5 tanks

my husband takes 4 pairs of board shorts and 3 casual shorts, and a couple of tops

add in all the dive gear and the laptop...I think the only thing I left at home was the cats!

My goodness!!
After deciding what to wear and putting on the war paint do you still have time for the vacation?

For me I take:

6 bathing suits
4 cover ups
at least 3 pairs shoes
5 sundresses
2 pairs of capris
4 or 5 tanks

All I can say is WOW! You certainly do not leave home without it..:) Most importantly is that for you your vacation is more enjoyable with your STUFF, so good for you !

I have heard of people boarding the plane wearing their BC's so they didn't have to pay the weight surcharge.

OMG - I want to do that! That is so funny. I can't imagine how much I could embarrass my wife by wearing my BC on the plane. Might as well prop my mask/snorkel on top of my head. If those darn fins fit under the seat in front of me, I might try that!

:D

OMG - I want to do that! That is so funny. I can't imagine how much I could embarrass my wife by wearing my BC on the plane. Might as well prop my mask/snorkel on top of my head. If those darn fins fit under the seat in front of me, I might try that!

:D
Just picture a group trip, and the whole group wears their BC's ... I'd love to see the flight crews faces!!

Gee, we got the full range here from minimalists to those who take tons of stuff. I always seem to find some stuff that I didn't use or need when I unpack back home. Seems the airlines are going to reduce what we take whether we like it or not unless we are willing to pay extra. We are limited more by what we are willing to lug arround.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom