What do you pack?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We "mature" folks fall asleep when the sun goes down.

Is that a polite expression for "old f@rts"?

Of course!!! We try to cram as much fun into our vacation! It's late nights and early mornings all week long...

I bet you need to go home to get some rest ! ?? :) So, if you keep such long days, no wonder you need so much stuff. (Still can't figure out what you need spray starch for?) Yes , I must say, us older folks do tend to pace ourselves....10 PM and we are turning in. Although, I did get into the conga line once to get out of Carlos and Charlies after I used their bathroom after Carnaval last year. I even went under the limbo and took their shot too ! Thank goodness it wasn't Tequila..:yuck: Just wild and crazy I will tell you :partytime:

Well now I can reply to this. We used to take 1 checked bag each and 1 carry-on each. AA just rebooked us with 3 diff. flights and 3 diff. airlines, this trip we have 1 carry-on and 1 personal item each and only 1 checked bag for the airlines to lose. Never thought I could take a week vac. for 2 people with all dive gear and everything else with only 1 checked bag. Hope our bag has a nice trip where ever in gets to go.

One thing that I've started doing is bringing along a couple giant Ziplocks (15" x 15"). On the way down I use them for my non-diving stuff. My checked bag doubles as my dive bag, and that way I can quickly remove all the stuff I don't want to take to the boat. On the way back they're great for still-damp wetsuits and laundry.

I carry on my reg, computers, mask, a change of clothes, reading material/logbook, and a "TSA toiletry kit." Everything else gets checked in a single bag. I've never been over the weight limit. I'm fairly minimalist - for a week long trip to the tropics I'd bring a few shorts and T-shirts, maybe one "smart casual" outfit.

one of my dive buddies takes a couple of pairs of shorts for the week, then goes into town and buys the 5 for $20 t-shirts. After use he throws them away and returns home with the 2 pairs of shorts.

Not a bad idea, except that all of his vacation pictures have him wearing some lame "I'm with stupid" negligee thin t-shirt.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom