What do you pay for your reg service?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Furner

Contributor
Reaction score
What do you pay for the normal reg service (1 first stage and 2 second stages).
Trying to figure out if I can afford to get my service done before I go on my dives in a few weeks, or if I want to put it off til after.

It varies a lot. Just call your shop.

I think my LDS gets a flat $35 (plus parts, unless they're provided by warranty) for a 1st & 2nd stage, with additional fees for extra 2nds, consoles, etc.

As the other guy said, rates vary widely, each shop sets their own. Call & ask.

$15 per stage including parts and labour.

Check before you drop them off. Be prepared for anything from a little less than $50 to well over $100.

If performance is good, you may want to wait until after your dives. Nothing creates more problems with well cared for, working regulators than an annual service.

Yeah, shop around, I payed over $100 a couple of years ago for both stages of my rig from a shop in Dallas because they were close to my work.

This year I took my rig & my wife's to my local shop in Grand Prairie and my wife needed a battery for her computer as well, all that added up to about what I payed for just my rig over 2 years ago!!!!

so making a few phone calls may be worth the time.

If performance is good, you may want to wait until after your dives. Nothing creates more problems with well cared for, working regulators than an annual service.

Boy, ain't that the truth. I tremble in fear every time I take mine in.

....well, I paid about $ 115.00 parts/labor for an annual on my Atomic B1/T2 a couple of months ago.....and I've got a Mares Ruby in the shop right now for an annual.........labor on that runs $ 45 -- $ 55 for the 1st stage and both 'seconds' , plus add another $ 20 -- $ 25 for parts.

Luckily I've found a few local shops that do excellent work, so while I'm always a little nervous about having anyone work on my 'babies', I've found the good shops I can trust......in the process I've also found a few other shops to avoid............so if you're new at this sort of thing, I'd go ahead and take your reg in now so you can get it back and test it out locally prior to your trip so you still have time to take it back to the shop if anything still isn't 'right'.

...also, most shops will charge you a 'rush' fee in addition to the regular prices, especially if you 'hit' them in summer when they're at their busiest and you need your reg done immediately......I think my Atomic dealer wanted an extra $ 100 to do that........luckily he squeezed me in line behind 3 or 4 other regs and got it done at the 'regular' pricing, no premium charged...........so if you're gonna do it get your reg in line ASAP.

remember, the 'annual' is pretty cheap relative to what's at stake if you reg malfunctions on your trip and ruins your vacation........then you'll get to use a rental reg, or perhaps nothing at all.

Karl

I really should get the tools and training to do it properly myself. I cant stand to pay a mechanic to do work on my car that i can do just the same way myself, and when I think about the outragous fees that I will probably get charged for an annual on my regs, it really makes me want to do it myself.

Back
Top Bottom