What do you wear under sharkskin chillproof T2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fred32176

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am getting a sharkskin chillproof T2 front zip long sleeve top, long pants and hood for Christmas. What do you wear under sharkskin T2?

I wear a tight short sleeve rash guard and board shorts under my wetsuit. Can I wear the same tight short sleeve rash guard and board shorts under sharkskin T2?

I've got the full Chillproof 3mm equivalent. I just wear soccer shorts under it bc i toss my t-shirt into my dry bag. It's a pretty great wetsuit.

I also just picked up the T2 long sleeve zip-up top + long pants. I haven't dived with them yet but I pseudo-tested them out by putting them on and submersing myself in my jacuzzi and lowering the temperature until it was unbearable. I wore a rash guard underneath the top and a polyester long john under the pants. I started at 27C and stopped at 18c.
Really satisfied how they felt but as many others have mentioned, it is a far cry from the 5mm wetsuit equivalent they claim. I ended up ordering the hooded zip-up vest that I'm going to try layering under the top, instead of the rash guard, and hope it can provides sufficient insulation down to the low 20s/high teens.

I've got the full Chillproof 3mm. I just wear soccer shorts under it bc i toss my t-shirt into my dry bag. It's a pretty great wetsuit.
I've settled on some unpadded biking undershorts and an old mesh sleeveless shirt, that I pulled out of a box of old mountain biking clothes. I was using a tight fitting rashguard under the top but the since moving to sharkskin the wet rashguard was the hardest thing to doff. I can't believe how easy the front zip top and pants are to don and doff.

I live in Florida and 71 F water is as cold as I go, the sharkskin T2 with a hood has been enough warmth. Florida winter surface intervals where the air can be down in the 60's are a bit rough, so I usually take off the top and put on a flannel shirt and a knit cap to keep warm between dives.

Back
Top Bottom