What happened to all the good scuba Podcasts?!?!?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been trying to listen to scubaobsessed, but the interviews are killing me. Now granted, I'm listening to the very first one's, so maybe there are newer ones that offer more of a variety of topics.

There are two that you need to check out. www.diversync.com and www.scubaobsessed.com

Aggghhhhhh..........Zombie thread...back from the dead.
ZOMBIE+SURVIVAL+THREAD+GO+_3d9f0f46bdac271bb66afdd44de57a1a.jpg

But I'm on it.
I'll be whacking the links provided by Divers Incorporated momentarily.

Chug
Must eat pancakes first.http://static3.fjcdn.com/comments/ZOMBIE+SURVIVAL+THREAD+GO+_3d9f0f46bdac271bb66afdd44de57a1a.jpg

I started putting our old Underwater Videographer Podcast episodes on

Underwater Videographer Podcast Collection

The Sea Hunt 50th Anniversary Special with my guests, including Jeff Bridges just went up last week. By popular demand. I will continue to put them up there when I get a few minutes here and there. There was some good stuff in those podcasts for beginning to professional underwater videographers.

I just started the off gassing one last month and thought the same thing about laughing too much. At least he’s pumping out a new episode every couple of days or so.
Just so you know, @AnotherDiverHere is the host of Off Gassing :wink:

He's had some really awesome guests on the podcast, like Jarrod Jablonski, Bill Stone, Brett Hemphill, Charlie Roberson, Richard Pyle, Simon Mitchell and @AnnikaPersson, just to name a few. Well worth checking out the archive of episodes.

Thanks for bumping this. And thanks to @AnotherDiverHere for creating your podcast.

I've been meaning to post about Off Gassing for a while. As has been mentioned, the host's mannerisms like his nervous laughter can be a bit grating, but keep listening and you'll figure out he has the key ability to ask fairly open ended questions about the guest's interests and experiences and then get out of the way. Everyone likes talking about themselves so the stories just flow and the guests who have something to say really shine.

I've only listened to 14 of the episodes, with the Richard Pyle being my favorite so far. The most recent one I listened to was the Patrick Weidman interview and that was interesting, funny and, dare I say, inspirational.

OTOH, it can be a very Millennial podcast, especially when the guest is also in that age range. To keep from being annoyed by the endless self-absorption in interviews like the one with the Dive the Americas (a dive travel boutique) founders, I just treat as a documentary on Millennial culture.

Back to the main point. The interview format keeps it pretty fresh. If you like the guest, you will really enjoy the podcast. If you don't, maybe try the next one. The host is putting these things out every few days, so you have plenty to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom