What is a good dive????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any dive in Florida is a gooooooood dive.
--------------
But unfortunately the boat rides aren't always!
---------------
GetWet

........I asked about fossil sites in the Peace River. I'm not cavern or cave certified and likely will not go that route.

WWW™

Hey Walter,

You were right, it was Greg who asked about the springs. You do not have to be cavern/cave to dive springs, you just have to realise that you cannot do any appreciable penetration into the hole...

Pete from Orlando...

Hey Walter,

I would have to clear up a "honey-do" today, but that could be the motivation I need... Let me know when and precisely where... my E-Mail is pjm@NetDr.cc

Pete from Orlando...

Hey Y'all....

For me, what constitutes a good dive has evolved over the years, but with one common thread throughout...

As a young teen obssessed with liquid ambiance, I could have a great time trying to cave dive in my toilet.

As a commercial deepsea diver, the thrill was the technology of going deep, getting the impossible done & making some big money for living a dream.

As an aging late-boomer with kids & a real job I take exceptional pleasure in introducing the watery wonderland to the uninitiated. By sharing their delight of discovery I get to live the dream over & over again.

Oh yeah, that common thread...simply that post-dive feeling of contentment, a feeling not unlike the rapture of post-coital bliss...

Perhaps that explains why I always like to nap after a dive!

And @ 99 years old what will be the thrill? Probably, it will be the idea that I'm too old & leathery to be considered as a meal for any predators & can swim with the Great Whites unconcerned...anyway, I'll tell ya when I get there!

Best of the day to you & all the folks that make this the best cyber-dive going!

D.S.D.

IMHO, a good dive is
1) Getting wet.
2) Enjoying the quiet, especially with my rebreather.
3) No working telephones and ridiculous traffic to contend with.
4) Interacting and enjoying marine life.
5) Returning

Not neccessarily in this order except for number 5.
RonC.

The good dive concept is always influenced by your expectations and experience.
If you get out happy this means that your expectations were met.
If you get out in one piece, that's something related to experience and sometimes luck.
Both this thing contribute to the ideea of a good dive.
As you "grow up" you will feel a good dive and you will see that it is sometimes hard to describe. It is a personal thing, this is why diving is fantastic.
victor

............15 ft of viz (averages 2 ft here) 1 hour 27 minutes ABT and 106 shark teeth collected (no megs).

WWW™

Sitting on the bottom with a bull manatee for 20 minutes while he turns around you so that you can scratch his neck from different angles.
A good dive is any dive that enriches your life, teaches you, and leaves you with memories that are yours and your buddies to share for life! Keep it real, and your eyes open.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom