What is difference between Hero3+ dive housing and original Hero3 housing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hobby Mounts I do believe we need to clarify that the "original" Hero 3 housing was rated to 60 meters/190 feet and the Hero 3+ is rated to 40 meters/131 feet. I'm providing the URL that explains this from Go Pro:
Waterproof and Depth Rating | GoPro Camera

---------- Post added August 21st, 2014 at 06:07 PM ----------

Cruisekingkris, I called them first and they were very customer friendly and asked for the serial number of my Hero 3+ and I emailed that and per their information included in my email that I'd like the complimentary Hero 3 housing. I had it in my mailbox within 5 days.

You are correct, the dive depths are at the end of the descriptions above the pictures.

Hey Paul, this might be some help but I emailed gopro about the difference between the hero 3 replacement housing and the GoPro hero 3+ dive housing. I recently purchased the replacement housing for my hero 3+ and this is what they replied back to me...

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Thanks for contacting GoPro.

There is no difference between the replacement dive housing and the retail dive housing you purchase new, except the replacement doesn't have the retail packaging. We replace housings if the issue is covered under warranty. What issue are you having?[/FONT]

I agree that the locking mechanism on the 3 is far better and I only use the 3 housing for SCUBA - even on my 3+ or 4.
I wonder what issues are covered under warranty for the housing?

A quick note about avoiding flooding with any of the GoPro cases:

The info I'm getting back from readers and students about occasional housing flooding suggests that the main cause is 'hurrying when closing the housing'.
Divers are getting things caught in between the front and back: anti-fog inserts and the string lanyards that attach some filters.
Slowing down the 'closing process' will prevent these kinds of floods. This applies to large camera rigs too.

Image-wise, I've been getting good results from both the dive housing (200 feet) and the standard housing.
I've had the dive housing at 180 feet, functions well.

More information in the GoPro Underwater Book on iTunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/the-underwater-gopro-book/id954826182?mt=11

I had the old Hero 3 housing down to 280 feet - shooting video without a problem.

Image-wise, I've been getting good results from both the dive housing (200 feet) and the standard housing.
I've had the dive housing at 180 feet, functions well.

Peter
Did you use the 3+ standard housing down to 180ft as well?

Pearlman

Sent from Tablet, please excuse brevity and typos...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom